• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis DX10 footage on G80

Associate
Nothing really interesting to see in either video really.

I did notice alittle pop up in the second video with a rock or something under the water also while in the water you could see the shadow of the player but it had no movement yet the player was moving his arms swimming.

I know its not a completed game but its not a good idea to show faults in our product surely hehe, I'll still end up buying the game as it does look nice and does look to have great gameplay.

Man of Honour
WHAT!!! said:
Nothing really interesting to see in either video really.

I did notice alittle pop up in the second video with a rock or something under the water also while in the water you could see the shadow of the player but it had no movement yet the player was moving his arms swimming.

I know its not a completed game but its not a good idea to show faults in our product surely hehe, I'll still end up buying the game as it does look nice and does look to have great gameplay.

They did say on the Crysis site that shadows havent been animated yet as the engine isnt finished, but its being changed dont worry

I thought the videos looked awesome, considering they were naff quality too

Caporegime
ps3ud0 said:
Cant see all those whizz bang DX10 effects, indeed just looks like the DX9 stuff we have already seen - hard to tell until we get some decent footage I guess...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Yeah i thought it just looked like an updated FarCry, was running pretty well though, and it looks just like those DX9 ones we've already seen, but optimzed more so it runs better.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it looked good too, especially the flythrough. Movies could have been higher res though.

Still not going to buy a DX10 card though, not until they make one for under £200 that uses less than 150W of power.

Soldato
HAz said:
Never understood why developers send out poor low quality footage of a high detailed next gen game.

Because all the infinitely small details that distinguish graphics from reality are effectly blurred out and left up to the mind to fill in the missing data. Instinctively most people will go on to fill in those details in comparision to real life data stored in their brains, hence a poor quality video looks more 'real' in the minds eye so to speak. There are other factors involved such as hype and buzz words such as "next gen", but the real issue lies in peoples credulity and tendency to hastily assume things.

Crysis will no doubt look awesome, but when the small quirks and faults start to appear on your monitor in full HD glory the false illusion will quickly crumble away.

Last edited:
Soldato
HAz said:
Never understood why developers send out poor low quality footage of a high detailed next gen game.
The developers didn't, what the replies after yours are forgetting is that these videos were leaked in breach of NDA. That is why they look so pap, because they aren't official.

Soldato
i could see a differance between the dx9 and 10 , the light comming throung the leaves , of dx9 can do hdr but the light went through the leaves if you see what i am getting at , and it was very very smooth , seeing the latesr dx9 movie and this , the dx10 , or maybe it is just the power of the g80 , but that frame rates were as smooth as a babys but!

Soldato
rippling said:
i could see a differance between the dx9 and 10 , the light comming throung the leaves , of dx9 can do hdr but the light went through the leaves if you see what i am getting at , and it was very very smooth , seeing the latesr dx9 movie and this , the dx10 , or maybe it is just the power of the g80 , but that frame rates were as smooth as a babys but!

You saw all that !!!

The video capture on my phone would put that video to shame.. :D

Associate
locutus12 said:
congratulations, your e-penis will be huge.

Married with my already sizeable appendage, I have a double whammy!!! ;)

Anyway, it was tongue and cheek hence the smile.

Far Cry was a very good engine, eye candy was good but it was not as demanding as other titles on hardware. I'm hoping Crysis is the same, but I won't count on it.

Soldato
Downloading now... I guess in a weeks time there'll be the proper version (not the cam) on the net in HD to download. Always seems to be the case with these things. First is the shaky cam video, then the proper version comes out the week after. :rolleyes: :)

Back
Top Bottom