• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CS Source and the 8800 GTX

Associate
Is anybody having problems trying to run CS Source with an 8800GTX.

When I try to play Source it starts of fine then gradually the movement becomes choppy and gets worse to the point where the game will lock up completely.

I have run COD2 multiplayer and BF2 and so far I havent had any of these problems.

I have tried running in DX9 and DX8 and its the same in both versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

SnoozE

Soldato
i found its the latest nvidia drivers after about 20 mins of playing it went laggy as a sausage sliding across a frozen lake racing a plastic duck.

i installed the older previous drivers and now its fine :)

Associate
OP
I am :(

But thats just my luck i suppose, I got a very nice man coming to have have a look at it but they cant send him here until the 28th :eek:

So i am tryin just about everything i can think of to get this mofo to work.

But 1 consolation BF2 and COD2 are incredibly awesome to play on this machine and hopefully santa will bring me some nice new titles in my stocking.

SnoozE

Associate
OP
i found its the latest nvidia drivers after about 20 mins of playing it went laggy as a sausage sliding across a frozen lake racing a plastic duck.

i installed the older previous drivers and now its fine

Can I ask which drivers you are using I was using 97.44 Drivers but the drivers on the disk that come with the cards are 96.89

Also what version of direct x are you running with

SnoozE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom