Culinary Disasters

Soldato
So, tonight I attempted to make some cookies, the instructions were 1.5 sticks of butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, bit o salt 2 cups of flour

the end result? flat cakes, spongy in the middle, solid and brittle at the edges, dry all the way through.

so tell me, what simple edible attempts have you made, that ended in bitter disappointment?

Soldato
OP
the end result of my attempt

P1030206.jpg

P1030207.jpg

Soldato
OP
I once managed to burn carrots that were boiling, pan ran out of water, and a load of carrots were left high and dry, leading to them pretty much burning, I was 13 at the time, and it was sunday dinner, oops

Soldato
OP
when I was 4 I decided to make breakfast in bed for my mum...only not knowing how the toaster worked, I buttered the bread, put it in the toaster cranked it up to 11 and wondered why the smoke alarm was going off >.>

Soldato
OP
You might need to do it on a different shelf to the instructions. My oven manual tells me which shelf to put which foods on because of the air circulation and most of the time the manual is correct.

fan oven, and i've always been told for baking, you get the oven pretty damn hot, and put them on the top shelf, but with fan ovens, it doesn't matter as it's circulated

Back
Top Bottom