Curbishley for boro!

Associate
I reckon it's going to happen now McClaren is the new England boss. Who else is there that's going to come in and take over only other available managers I can think of are Mick Mcarthy and Graeme Souness and somehow I can't see them 2 becoming manager of boro.

i dont think curbs is good enough to be honest, needs to be a step up. i think maybe martin oneil, or! tony mowbray, not sure who else though, bad time to get a manager.

the scary thing is, souness was voted boros best all time player. it would be a disgrace if he managed another team, mind you the crap always seems to do well in this country. you still see people like howard wilkinson floating about. :o

vanpeebles said:
the scary thing is, souness was voted boros best all time player. it would be a disgrace if he managed another team, mind you the crap always seems to do well in this country. you still see people like howard wilkinson floating about. :o

what a great player wilko was, wasn't he one of the players who won us the world cup in...

1966?

vanpeebles said:
you still see people like howard wilkinson floating about. :o
Hes a disgrace , Mr Rentaquote - whenever a story happens and sky need a comment its always him , despite the fact he has done nothing of note (except relegating the mackems) for nearly 20 years.

O'Neill seems to be the big rumour round here. Not too sure about him but then looking at the alternatives he seems the best option.

I'm sure whoever Gibson appoints will be in the best interests of the club. And as he said he's had more offers this time round then last when he had to replace Robson by a long way.

Think he might come to the Villa, which as a fan, worries me.

I'm just a little unsure that he would be suited to the club - he is ideal at Charlton, but not sure about him at Villa.

Love the Villa link with Claudio Ranieri though - superb.

I doubt it, he said himself that he is taking a break from football. Doesn't seem the type of person to say something like that and then go straight in to another job.

vanpeebles said:
i dont think curbs is good enough to be honest, needs to be a step up. i think maybe martin oneil, or! tony mowbray, not sure who else though, bad time to get a manager.

Stranger things have happened, Mclaren is no way good enough for England yet they gave him the job, how can a manager who can only manage to keep a team in the middle of the Prem. be given a top job like that, words fail me.

Back
Top Bottom