Curborough Sprint Course - Tuesday 19th July 2022

Soldato
Howdy,

Unfortunately a few people have let me down on the Curborough front or have not come back to me yet, so I need some spaces filling. The booking has been confirmed for Tuesday 19th July 2022.

Costs for hiring the course now include public liability insurance so full day = £840 for track hire and £168 public liability insurance per group.

So price per car looks as follows:
10 cars = £100.80
15 cars = £67.20

To show commitment and help prevent no shows which would cost me more monies, I would like to have full payments of £100.80 sent to me via whatever means you're comfortable with - I will refund people the difference if we get more than 10 cars. Please trust me your email address for details.

Your space will not be reserved until you have paid for your slot - I have been burned a few times now by no payments and then having to backfill spaces last minute!

Spectators welcome.

So, lets get on with the runners below:
  1. @Gibbo *PAID*
  2. @Gibbo *PAID*
  3. @Warranty_V0id *PAID*
  4. @TomO *PAID*
  5. Alex - WRX STi *PAID*
  6. Mark - GC8 Impreza *PAID*
  7. Shaid - MX5 *PAID*
  8. Charlie - WRX STi
  9. RJ - Gymkhana Wagon *PAID*
  10. Josh - BMW 335 *PAID*
  11. @Thomas. PLease. - NB MX5 *PAID*
  12. Dan - Abarth *PAID*

Reserves:
  1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. .
Running Order:

At the start of the day we will begin with 3 minute slots to just familiarise yourself with the track layout and to get as many people through the track as possible.

After the first of the 5 minute slots are complete we'll move to 5 minute slots which means 50 minutes between runs if 10 cars present. If this is deemed too short or too long we'll adjust. I've often found people wanting more than getting their fill after 5 minutes due to the size and nature of the circuit.

I will require people to help out with ensuring that people are ready to get on and off the circuit at their allotted time. I'll ensure to have some lists printed for people to go by.

Obviously if there are any issues this is completely up for discussion.

Provisional Running Order - let me know if any issues

1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. .
  6. .
  7. .
  8. .
  9. .
  10. .
Track layout below:

Curb8layout_zpsls6f5qeu.jpg

Videos of Curborough below:

Official Rules can be found below:

Summary:
  • All participants need to sign the indemnity form need to be signed and submitted 48 hours BEFORE the booking
  • Cars allowed on track only between 10am and 5pm
  • No more than one car at a time on track driven at speed
  • No anti lag
  • No drifting

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Associate
I know I'd mentioned on the original thread but unfortunately the date won't work for me and the others. It's a shame as this was a fantastic day last time, it's a great course, and there was more than enough track time available.

I hope it goes well

Soldato
OP
Howdy all,

Curborough on Tuesday is going to be a hot hot hot day!

Firstly (and thankfully) the indemnity forms have gone back to being done on the day, so nothing else to fill in before the day.

Secondly please be there before 9.30am, track time starts at 10am sharp. I'll be hoping to open the track around 9am. Given the impending heat you'd do maybe well to get runs in early before it gets too hot

Some advice if I may...
Bring plenty of water, a hat, suncream, and even think about things like umbrellas to give yourself some shade. The covered areas by the track are not that big...

If you've got water spray bottles please bring them, give those intercoolers and radiators a little spray before going on track to help lower those intake temps.

When going onto the track I'd suggest doing a slow lap to get some airflow through the car, and maybe even consider doing some coasting down the straight to help keep the temperatures under control. Curborough has a habit of melting tyres if you're pushing hard, so keep tyres pressures in mind with the extra heat.

And finally... Please check oil and coolant levels!

As always, I'll bring a small selection of tools, jacks etc if required. But nothing stopping you bringing your own ofc.

I'll set a running order and share it when I do. Otherwise, see you Tuesday ✌️

Kosta

OcUK Staff
Here is the videos Briony of myself:

911 launch control:

Exige 410

More GT3:

Videos are processing so if quality is potato check back later

Back
Top Bottom