Current gaming system, any upgrades needed?

Associate
Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

Just wanted to ask if there was any standout upgrades needed based off my current gaming system. The system is mostly used for gaming and social/web browsing. I play at 1440p and try to play on max settings where possible.

Currently not had any issues, and am overall happy with the setup, but could be some upgrades which I have not noticed or simply dont know about.

Appreciate the comments/time.

Cheers

Gaming Setup is as follows

CPU - Intel I7-8700K
Cpu Cooler - Corsair Hydro H115I Pro RGB
Mobo - Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
GPU - Zotac GTX 1080TI AMP Edition
RAM - 16GB 3000MHZ DDR4 G Skill Trident Z RGB
Storage 1 - Samsung 970 NVME EVO 500GB
Storage 2 - Samsung 850 SSD Evo 500GB
PSU - Corsair 650w Gold PSU
Case - Corsair Obsidian 500D
Monitor - Dell S2417DG G Sync Monitor
Mouse - Razer Deathadder Elite
Keyboard - Corsair K70 MK.2 Mechanical

Soldato
No real upgrades needed there to be honest. You could get a 2080ti which would give around 25% improvement but do you really want to spend all that money for such a small gain? If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket get a new gaming chair maybe? I spent a little more on a decent one and it's surprised me how much of a difference a good chair makes.

If not I'd save for next gen in 2020

Caporegime
It's hard to see a worthwhile upgrade there as you already have a very good system. A chair is a sensible suggestion, but if not required maybe something audio related? Otherwise just wait for a better time to update your machine.

Soldato
Yeah, no sense to upgrade PC itself.

But that monitor is quite small and wouldn't call it much good for gaming immersion.
Audio is another possibility if.
Both also keep their value well, especially audio parts.

Associate
OP
Yh I have thought about getting a IPS monitor at some stage, maybe in the new year.

Some minor additions, added a second NVME drive, was starting to run low and the Samsung evo NVME on sale so added a extra 500gb drive.

Managed to also swap out the 1080TI and £50.00 for a 2080 Super Founders, not massive gains but for £50 I thought the newer age etc was worth it.

Thanks all for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom