Current Go-To Broadband provider? Still Zen?

Man of Honour
I’ve posted many times about this; both their network performance and customer service has gone downhill in recent times. They are not worth £10 a month more than Sky.

I’d look at PlusNet, or if you want to pay a bit more and get exceptional service then look at Aquiss.

Soldato
I’ve posted many times about this; both their network performance and customer service has gone downhill in recent times. They are not worth £10 a month more than Sky.

I’d look at PlusNet, or if you want to pay a bit more and get exceptional service then look at Aquiss.

Essentially I would agree with this. Zen are not exceptional now, they are just reasonable. I think they have grown their userbase quite substantially, so they have gone through the rapid growth stage where maybe they were able to be better than others, now they are fairly similar to competitors.

PlusNet is a value provider. I would still say on the rare occasion you encounter a major problem, Zen would be able to sort it quicker than Plusnet.

Associate

Thanks Chris

Man of Honour
PlusNet is a value provider. I would still say on the rare occasion you encounter a major problem, Zen would be able to sort it quicker than Plusnet.
I've been with both PN and Zen, and in recent times PN have been more helpful when required. Zen had the attitude of 'you get the minimum guaranteed speed, what do you want, go away annoying customer', they didn't answer emails for days, didn't call back when they said they would, and complaining did nothing. In the end I quoted their own Ts&Cs to them as they'd migrated me onto their own network without notifying me and as a result my connection went from excellent on the BTW network to pretty poor on Zen's network. They released me from my contract in the end. There was massive TBB thread about it started by someone else who had similar issues and many users replied. Maybe they've sorted their **** out now but their attitude stunk. Then there's the Manchester gateway issue where you have no control whether you connect via Manchester or London, even if you're near London! They've hired a lot of ex TalkTalk and VM management and seem to favour the number of customers and profit over anything now. Not a bad thing for them I guess. But after all that I really struggle to recommend them.

PN on the other hand could not have been more helpful when my mum had some issues with Openreach. Yes, the initial first line response was as expected, but after the right people were engaged they bent over backwards to help her out. On the few occasions I had to speak to them they were also helpful.

Aquiss are exceptional however, providing static IP addresses including IPv6, really quick support and a person who runs it all who knows what he's doing. With their 6 months half price, no price rises, and 12 month contracts, they are hard to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom