Cursed Watercooling PC - Troubleshooting

Associate
So after this and this post we went ahead and redid the whole loop with 90° fittings and improved layout and new tubes. The PC looks visually good as seen in the picture here. So we thought maybe our problems are solved now, a new and improved layout, a new mainboard, PSU, rad later this could be it. We thought it might run for the next year or so now without problem, but it was less then 15h until the pump broke down again. Honestly we all are at the edge a bit, we built this PC, fixed it again and again and redid the layout 2 times now. Can someone please tell us what cursed our loop and hardware?

Associate
OP
For clarification: we didn't ran it for 15 hours consecutively, we built it yesterday evening and today right now it broke down after just a couple of hours of usage.

Soldato
Check voltage to the pump and that there is no PSU/voltage issue.

Check that the pump runs freely when installed. Such as it is not touching the block when you bolt it in.

Ensure the liquid isn't getting too hot. Too high water temps and the pump will fail. They require at least, some cooling capacity from the water.

Have never had a pump fail since wcing for several years now. Many of those pumps running for years before replacement due to age not because they broke.

A true photo would help just to ensure everything is identicle layout wise to wookies build and that nothing is a miss.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
We checked the PSU and voltage after the last one failed, this shouldn't be the issue. Pump fails way before the temps could be too high. We found an air pocket, maybe this was the problem, because it runs for now, but I don
't think we are out of the woods yet.

Soldato
How's it been over the last 24/48 hours?

My OCD is really kicking in on that cpu block orientation. I would have rotated the block 90 anti-clockwise so that I could have the tubes as per the EK design and parallel to each other rather than overlapping.

Associate
OP
Thanks for checking in! We actually sent back the graphics card now, as it made weird noises and turned off the sound after one hour of stress testing it. The block is triggering me too, but it wasn't possible to rotate it on this board.

Back
Top Bottom