Curtain Poles

Associate
I'm looking for a curtain pole to fit a bay window. The only issue is that the space above it which we can attach the brackets to is quite shallow, around 24mm, so the default brackets which come with the usual poles from the likes of dunelm are no good. I did find some brackets which would work at John Lewis
https://www.johnlewis.com/croft-col...traditional-passing-bracket-dia-25mm/p3161269
but at £25 per bracket we'd be looking at around £150 just for the pole. Does anyone know of anywhere where I might be able to find some cheaper brackets which might fit in the space we have? I've tried googling but I'm not coming up with much

Associate
Can you (or would it look weird) fix a strip of wood at the top along the length of the window, but that over hung down slightly? You'd obviously lose a few centimetres inside the window, but then could attach your preference of curtain pole.

Associate
OP
I did consider that, my partner want keen on it and I think it would look a little weird. There's also the fact that there's a slight lip for part of it so would need to think about fixing the wood to those parts which might not be trivial

Associate
OP
We were going for a pole, mostly for aesthetics. We have a track in the equivalent window upstairs and it's slightly tricky to pull round the bend, although it's not too high so not too much of an issue. This one's a bit higher so would be less easy to deal with so I think as a backup we could get a corded track but ideally it would be a pole

Soldato
@frying_pan_cat the brackets on the cheaper Dunelm metal pole range (c£20-£25) have enough flex in to twist then in a vice 90degrees or even with a decent wrench at the middle point so you can mount horizontally. The expensive ranges have a reinforced extendible bracket system that won't allow that.

You would want to secure with anchor plugs not just standard wall 4mm/6mm plugs though.

Back
Top Bottom