Custom build - Thermaltake core x2

Associate
OP
XAHtYET.jpg

After not being able to get the other piece in that i wanted in there, i decided to put a larger piece across the whole of it.

Although it doesnt span the whole of it, when the panel is on you cant tell.

s8qiQB4.jpg

The square marked out is for the screw that goes into the ssd mount.

Associate
OP
7Zx5NPx.jpg

This is a view of my pc from my view when im sat down. On my screen is a vally benchmark that has been running for about 10 minutes at the time.

With the sensor for the gpu( display is on the left ) being on the backplate, on idle it is fairly accurate( not going to be 100% with it not being directly on the block ).

As vally starts the temps on the gpu sensor is 10 degrees behind with the plate still being fairly cooler. Then at about the 10 to 15 minute mark as the backplate has heated up and leveled out with the block, it is accurate to within 2 to 5 degrees, depending on the demands of what is being displayed.

The cpu sensor is pretty much right on the back of the motherboard where the cpu is located, the display is on the right and is acurate to within 1 to 3 degrees at all times.

The displays themselves look orange in the picture, but the red matches when you look in person.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
JwT3cbP.jpg

The morning after, left it in my mums summer house over night with the clamps on.

aqofiCB.jpg

An upclose of the logo with the green acrylic on it. I have tested it with a light behind and it does show through with the right shade. Just hope it turns out proper when its painted and the stickers are removed.

Going to be using a white led strip to put behind it.

Associate
OP
My most recent idea for things to do in my rig was put a back plate on the back plate with a “GTX 1080 FE” logo.

Rather than do it with printed vynil i wanted to do it with transfer paper, after making a thread about how to use transfer paper, @Disco79 offered to shoot me a sample for free.

I shown him a picture of what i wanted doing and after a bit of back and forth he sent me a logo that i did this with ...

RXn6VT3.jpg

The actual transfer went well after damping it with a cloth and then using a bus card to make it stick.

As you can see there are two holes in the acrylic, which is 6mm thick. Im going to be using some green 3mm led’ to iluminate the logo .

Klb6L0E.jpg ZTK8ZOm.jpg
Here is the front and back after 3/4 coats of gloss red.

N37vOgX.jpg

After the stickers have been pealed.

bH2e5MA.jpg

I never actually thought of how to put it in the case untill i got round to doing it, had to take the front pannel off and carefully move it into place.

1bIzVGn.jpg
lyKLMlT.jpg

Here are two different angles of it, when its in place. To keep it in place i used some velcro on the seperate ends of the acrylic piece, aswell as some on the back of the EK plate.

I was going to do the soldering for the led’ and hopefully have that done tonight aswell but i dont have the right pins for the connectors.

Let me know your thoughts on it. (Y)

Back
Top Bottom