V F

V F

Soldato
Damn, they're pricy. £89.99 per dualshock 4. Modding them are fun more so when the better parts feel better. Especially the sticks. Or if you go all metal with all the buttons.

Associate
Hi, i have modded my own controller because i dont want to pay the price for scuff and all others, on my controller i spent about £35 and i have trigger stops, reprogrammable paddles which i think are even better than scuff

20170405_122232_zpsfahnroca.jpg

20170405_122259_zpscoskhlwg.jpg

20170405_122311_zpsajktzfdj.jpg

Soldato
I bought some white buttons and sprayed one of my Xbox controllers, no changes to how it functions though, just a visual change.

O9iLa1ql.jpg

It doesn't look like that now, a lot of the paint has chipped off and it looks a bit of a mess now to be honest.

V F

V F

Soldato
you would have to be mental to buy one of those when a SCUF is only £20-£40 more

Even they aren't worth it. So many mods you can do yourself besides... Nearly every other mod that is available to buy looks severely tacky. Fang buttons and the likes looks awful.

You can buy a new shell for £7 to £12. Even the chrome ones. Or if you feel really adventurous, buy a stock shell and spray paint your own. I really have my eye on the bullet action buttons since they sit quite raised. Making it that bit extra sensitive.

If only one had access to these possibilities.

Now that is fancy, though not something I'd have.

Matte black looks the best though. Stealth. Feels better as well.

As nice as the ones that are chrome, seems everyone complains of fingermarks or germs. That seems to be why matte is better.

Nicest gloss I've seen though. Gold carbon. Yum!

I wish there was a way to make the L2 and R2 triggers stiffer. Maybe getting more springs and add a second on top of the original... They've always felt too soft for my liking.

V F

V F

Soldato
I wish sony made an elite controller like the Xbox one elite pad.

I don't care about looks but that pad is amazing.

The elite sticks especially are lovely since you can swap them out and it is a smaller diameter on the thumbs but you get more range compared to the default sticks. I settled on the medium length as the tallest are just a bit too tall. Even crazier when you put the large rubber grips on as they're like joysticks.

Let alone how smooth and springy they truly are.

33729763511_bf98afb888_b.jpg

33729763361_f39be0b5f6_b.jpg

33474789700_12fb7ca3f3_b.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't know how you can describe it but they're so smooth with hardly any effort at the same time spring back quickly when you let go. Even too smooth?

Caporegime
They don't compare well at all.

you can buy a thing which allows you to use a XB1 elite controller on a PS4, i believe it plugs into a USB port and basically gets a signal from the elite controller by bluetooth or wi-fi and then converts it into the same a ps4 controller would send so it mimics a ds4.

i'm unsure on how laggy those are but there seems to be various companies selling them.

Back
Top Bottom