Custom Distro Plates

Associate
I have used the search bar but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction/help me out.

Does anyone know of any companies that either make custom distro plates to order?

or

Any companies that will manufacture one I design from Acrylic?

I've watched too many bit-tech videos now and I'm feeling my new WC loop will have to include something a little more special than just hard line tubing.

TIA

Associate
OP
AFAIK naming/linking to supplier will be against the forum rules. Googling may yield you results or need to register and use a forum where such discussion wouldn't break the rules.

I thought it was just direct competitors but I've not been on here for a while :p

thank you for the heads up though :)

Associate
I thought it was just direct competitors but I've not been on here for a while :p

thank you for the heads up though :)

Dunno, maybe mod discretion, but I don't fancy a holiday from forum ;) .

As of posting, if you search custom distro water on youtube, 7th hit ;) . Not UK based, is pricey, but quality product from others experience on another forum I go on.

Soldato
Not sure how the rules about competitors apply when it's a product ocuk don't sell
If they don't sell it then can't see a problem
If I am wrong then no doubt a mod will tell me
YouTube or ebay or Facebook for guy called
Radikult
He's fantastic
Though it's not cheap especially due to shipping and customs /import duty

Edit
Though ocuk should shortly I think have the new phanteks 120mm distro
Pretty much fit all modern cases with a 120mm fan mount

Edit 2
Phanteks d120 on pre order ocuk
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...ution-plate-with-drgb-lighting-wc-036-pt.html

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not sure how the rules about competitors apply when it's a product ocuk don't sell
If they don't sell it then can't see a problem
If I am wrong then no doubt a mod will tell me
YouTube or ebay or Facebook for guy called
Radikult
He's fantastic
Though it's not cheap especially due to shipping and customs /import duty

Edit
Though ocuk should shortly I think have the new phanteks 120mm distro
Pretty much fit all modern cases with a 120mm fan mount

Edit 2
Phanteks d120 on pre order ocuk
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...ution-plate-with-drgb-lighting-wc-036-pt.html

As your say thats what I thought anyway. If this does go against the rules please let m eknow and remove the thread.

I had previously messaged Radikult sometime last year but he wasn't taking orders then. Plus I had tried to work out import duty etc and it would have been a bad time so was hoping there was someone in the UK that might do something of similar quality :(

Soldato
As your say thats what I thought anyway. If this does go against the rules please let m eknow and remove the thread.

I had previously messaged Radikult sometime last year but he wasn't taking orders then. Plus I had tried to work out import duty etc and it would have been a bad time so was hoping there was someone in the UK that might do something of similar quality :(

there probably is
though finding them is the hard bit
hes the only one i have noticed
though technically any one with a CNC machine could probably make it for you==guarentee some one in these forums has one?
but you would need to be able to give them a CAD file of what you need==tried Cad once i sucked at even simple stuff lol
and make and insert your own 0 rings

at least distros are becoming more popular meaning companies like phanteks etc getting into it
but big companies are going to aim at either popular pc cases or universal distros like phanteks d120
which is ok unless you want something unique

Associate
OP
there probably is
though finding them is the hard bit
hes the only one i have noticed
though technically any one with a CNC machine could probably make it for you==guarentee some one in these forums has one?
but you would need to be able to give them a CAD file of what you need==tried Cad once i sucked at even simple stuff lol
and make and insert your own 0 rings

at least distros are becoming more popular meaning companies like phanteks etc getting into it
but big companies are going to aim at either popular pc cases or universal distros like phanteks d120
which is ok unless you want something unique

I feel like I have searched high and low and there just isn't anything I can find in the UK and although I have contacted an old supplier from a former job the work isn't of a large enough volume to make it worth while for the guys techs to set up the tooling on the machine etc etc and so declined the work.

The area I want it in as well is custom also so maybe I'll have to just bite the bullet and convince my other half I need a CNC machine in the garage to go along with all the other power tools (that I never use) lol.

Soldato
Shhhhhhhh!

Dont say

Stuff you never use too loudly

You aren't the only one
If my other half hears you say it she may venture in to my pc parts cupboard and decide she knows what I don't need lol

And if you get a nice shiny new cnc machine I volunteer to be a Guinea pig for the lovely distros you make lol

Could probably recoup the cost of the cnc making stuff for people in here going by cost of a distro
With permission of ocuk and a small % cut to them obviously lol

Soldato
I feel like I have searched high and low and there just isn't anything I can find in the UK and although I have contacted an old supplier from a former job the work isn't of a large enough volume to make it worth while for the guys techs to set up the tooling on the machine etc etc and so declined the work.

The area I want it in as well is custom also so maybe I'll have to just bite the bullet and convince my other half I need a CNC machine in the garage to go along with all the other power tools (that I never use) lol.

CNC machines are certainly a lot of fun!

I love having one, amazing how much stuff you suddenly come up with that you "need" to make. Might as well get a 3D printer while you are at it ;)

Just a suggestion if you are interested in DIYing one - have a look at maker spaces near you, bet you can find one. Usually equipped with things like 3Dprinters, lasers and CNC machines.... cheap to join and usually lots of helpful people.

Soldato

I love having one, amazing how much stuff you suddenly come up with that you "need" to make. Might as well get a 3D printer while you are at it ;)

Just a suggestion if you are interested in DIYing one - have a look at maker spaces near you, bet you can find one. Usually equipped with things like 3Dprinters, lasers and CNC machines.... cheap to join and usually lots of helpful people.

Wow never heard of those

Shame nearest ones 20 miles from me~doable but local would be nice
£36 a year to join it which can't be bad at all if gets you access to cnc and laser cutters~one decent project on a cnc or laser cutter would be worth £36
Though wonder if there's a long queue for the nicer machinery
As it's at local University guess there might be but on the other hand might mean more people's brains to pick too

Soldato
Probably depends on time of day, I would assume evenings and weekends will tend to be busier but they must have ways of managing it such as booking a time slot for in demand equipment.

The actual machining of a distro plate shouldn't take all that long once you have your design and know how to set up the machining operation. Stuff like a CNC obviously you have to know roughly what you are doing so you will no doubt need to do a little bit of training before you're allowed to be set loose on it. It will be fun to learn though.

try searching hackerspace/hackspace too, same idea... might turn up something more local.

Associate
OP
If you look in the info of this der8auer video he lists the guy who makes his custom distro plates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPpM6D3EwI&t=64s

Thank you for the heads up - that was a really good video to watch and he has done exactly what I was wanting to be doing myself. With my Silverstone TJ07 being a little old but with plenty of life left in her yet. Thank you again - I shall certainly be in contact with them.

Fortunately my other half works at a company that manufacture high end 3D printers and I had asked if they could even 3D print me a distro plate but for what I want and the price of the resin it would not be easy. Plus clear resin will still yellow/discolourwith UV light so certainly not the length of life from the product or something I could afford.

As for the makerspaces?! AMAZING!! I have never heard of these before. I shall look into these some more :)

Soldato
Thank you for the heads up - that was a really good video to watch and he has done exactly what I was wanting to be doing myself. With my Silverstone TJ07 being a little old but with plenty of life left in her yet. Thank you again - I shall certainly be in contact with them.

Yeah I'm tempted to get a custom one from them for my Thermaltake Tower 900 as a distro plate/passthrough to the rear of the case where the rads are. At the moment I just have a piece of acrylic painted black.

Back
Top Bottom