Custom Loop advice

Associate
Hello,

I want to build my first custom loop to cool i7 8700k & GTX 1080Ti, maybe a second GTX 1080ti or other GPU latter when they will be cheape, so I prefer to anticipate.

My main objective is to have the most quietest cooling system as possible, without sacrifice too much cooling performance, for that I thought of put 2x480mm radiator and for me the best choice is the HW labs Black ice SR2; according to this test http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1539150/3/3b/3b4e5863_push750-3.png this is the best radiator under 800rpm so it will be great because I never will go above that speed.
The SR is pretty decent at 1000 RPM if I want to go as this speed : http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1306389/6/69/693da282_1-12-20154-10-26PM.png

I don't know yet if I will go push/pull, pull or push, I thought of push/pull and put my fans to a very low rotation like 300 or 500.
I will make a calcul :
- If I want 23CFM/120mm slot with 1 Silent Wings 3 the fan should be at 800 RM and 27 decibel.
- If I want 23CFM/120mm slot with 2 Silent Wings 3 both fans should be at 400 RPM and 21 decibel/fan.
- 21 dba + 21 dba = 24 decibel, so push/pull will be quiestest than push or pull for the same performance.

Now let's talk about the pump, I plan to buy 2 pump and run them to low speed for less noise, just like the fans, 2 pump at the same speed will just add +3 decibel but they will be quietest than a single pump because they will run at lowest speed. Or maybe the aquastream will be better ?
According to this test the aquastream is quiet : http://www.hardwaremax.net/wasserkuehlung/pumpen/1139-test-pumpen-im-roundup?showall=&start=9

After that I will talk about the case, first of all I was think about the SMA8 but this is very expensive and all the accesories, dust filter etc... I have to buy make me sick so I prefer buy a "classic case".
So : Phanteks enthoo primo or Corsair 900d ? I was thinking about the bequiet base 900 but this case have less watercooling possibilities than the others and caseking make accoustic panel for both Phanteks & Corsair case.

I like the phanteks because he have more 5,25 slot so I can put my 2 hdd novibes rack and the rheobus I want to buy.
For what I can see the corsair is bigger but they have the same watercooling possibilities for what I want to do, more or less.
I think I will make my choice according to that :
- Accoustic performance, what is the best about airborne acoustic and vibration noise ?
- Double pump and reservoir location, how I can put these in both case ?
- Quality, with the price of these case I want something durable.
Or maybe one of this case have something the other don't have ?

I was plan to monitoring my double pump & all the fan with a 5,25 controler, I thought of the aquaero 6 XT usb to monitoring 2 pump (what pump is compatible with that ?), 16 PVM fans, a thermometer to measure water temperature, a debimeter.
How can I do for make the system easy to purge ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom