Custom Loop not filling up

Associate
HI all,

Just started building my first water cooling loop.Had a leak at first which i sorted out. Made sure that the reservoir is followed by the pump as suggested by many. the config at the moment is cpu->reservoir ->pump->Radiator->cpu. The problem am facing is that even though the reservoir is full, water is not filling up the loop , lot of air i presume is what i see even when the D5pump is running. Even the pic shows that. Help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
23w1deo.jpg

Associate
Nice design!

Sorry I must be being stupid...where's the pump ?
Its not attached to the res . ?
The pump needs to have constant water flow AND be at least a tiny bit lower than the rest so water flows into it.

*EDIT* I get it now, you have an airlock between the res and the pump .. ?

Last edited:
Associate
When filling a loop, gravity is your friend. The best place to fit a res is directly above the pump.

The only way I can see your loop filling is if you lay the PC down on its side.

The res will then be the highest point in your loop so you can then remove the plug on the side of the res and add any extra coolant needed in there. Any air in the loop will also come out of the open plug.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You are asking the fluid to climb up the U bend before entering the pump, it won't like that.

Easiest solution is to lay your pc so the 360 rad is horizontal and the reservoir is vertical - then fill.

Once it is full and flowing, simply put it back the right way.

Associate
You are asking the fluid to climb up the U bend before entering the pump, it won't like that.
As Brizzles states:
Not only will it not like that but you at are basically running the pump dry while trying to fill, this is a quick way to a dead D5 as it uses water for cooling and lubrication between the metal surfaces...

Associate
Also test a different 4pin connector on your mobo to your pump. I had the same problem where my pump wasnt pushing the water around, and it seems if connected to a wrong 4pin the mobo just restricts the rpm as if there was a fan attached.

Back
Top Bottom