Custom PSU Shroud/Cover

Soldato
Best way is to make yourself. Check out my 'Carbon Fibre' build in my sig. I just used two pieces of acrylic cut to shape and bonded together with special acrylic glue, then wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl. Pretty straightforward really, and not that expensive, just time.

Associate
Hi, do you just want a shroud to fit in your case or do you specifically want a custom shroud?
I have just received the TT Core x31 TG which did not come with a shroud and was thinking of ordering one of these Thermaltake CM00137. but it would be a bit of a gamble as it states it's for the F31 rather than the x31. All 3 case dimensions are very similar. The only place i have found it available to order in the uk is on the bay and it will cost approx £40 including postage (its comes from US).

Soldato
It would certainly be most cost effective to do yourself, I am not sure you will find any company that does this kind of thing. Do you need any holes or cut outs, or is it basically just a right angle cover and that's it?

Soldato
Hi, do you just want a shroud to fit in your case or do you specifically want a custom shroud?
I have just received the TT Core x31 TG which did not come with a shroud and was thinking of ordering one of these Thermaltake CM00137. but it would be a bit of a gamble as it states it's for the F31 rather than the x31. All 3 case dimensions are very similar. The only place i have found it available to order in the uk is on the bay and it will cost approx £40 including postage (its comes from US).

Damn, that kind of answers my question, ive just been looking for the same shroud in the UK, im torn between the Thermaltake View 31 and the Corsair 460X, the thermaltake has me because of the way you can mount the Graphics card as well as loads of watercooling support, but looses me on lack of PSU shroud, I dont want all those cables showing, whereas the 460X has me because of the PSU shroud, not too sure about the watercooling support at the moment, but ive read it struggles to house a full size radiator at the top with 25mm thick fans, it fowls on the ram unless you have low profile ram, and thats whats putting me off that case.

I took a chance previously and went for the Game Max Oynx chassis, big mistake that was, even my Thermaltake Core V21 is better than the Game Max case, I want rid now, my 2 choices are above.

Soldato
Damn, that kind of answers my question, ive just been looking for the same shroud in the UK, im torn between the Thermaltake View 31 and the Corsair 460X, the thermaltake has me because of the way you can mount the Graphics card as well as loads of watercooling support, but looses me on lack of PSU shroud, I dont want all those cables showing, whereas the 460X has me because of the PSU shroud, not too sure about the watercooling support at the moment, but ive read it struggles to house a full size radiator at the top with 25mm thick fans, it fowls on the ram unless you have low profile ram, and thats whats putting me off that case.

I took a chance previously and went for the Game Max Oynx chassis, big mistake that was, even my Thermaltake Core V21 is better than the Game Max case, I want rid now, my 2 choices are above.

The obvious answer, as already mentioned, is to make your own shroud. It really isn't very difficult, just some carefully measured and cut acrylic, bonding glue and vinyl of your choice. Job done. :)

Associate
I ordered the shroud from e-bay it came from US and took just over a week. (however I had already bought and received the case before I realised it did not come with the shroud.) I am quite happy with it now its all complete.
Y2ImMqx.jpg

Soldato
The obvious answer, as already mentioned, is to make your own shroud. It really isn't very difficult, just some carefully measured and cut acrylic, bonding glue and vinyl of your choice. Job done. :)

Could you give me the your dimensions please for this, I think i'll make my own too, £40 for the one from the US is a bit steap, also, where did you get the wrap from ?

final question, how did you mount it in the case ? is it screwed in, glued in, or is it just sitting there ?

Soldato
Could you give me the your dimensions please for this, I think i'll make my own too, £40 for the one from the US is a bit steap, also, where did you get the wrap from ?

final question, how did you mount it in the case ? is it screwed in, glued in, or is it just sitting there ?

Well I did mine in a Phanteks Evolv, so the measurement is different in your case of course. I purchased the acrylic from plasticsheets.com and the vinyl I got from ebay. I used special bonding glue called Tensol 12 to stick the two pieces together. I also drilled out a hole for my PCI-E cable and cut out another small section so I could fit it around my rad.

Soldato
I ordered the shroud from e-bay it came from US and took just over a week. (however I had already bought and received the case before I realised it did not come with the shroud.) I am quite happy with it now its all complete.

Could you possibly measure the length and width of that shroud for me, im going to make one myself as Legend mentioned, however, like his, I cant have it going right across the bottom of the case due to my water pump and radiator positioning, so something similar to yours would be great, just so I know what size piece of acylic to order, cm's or mm's would be great.

Associate
Could you possibly measure the length and width of that shroud for me, im going to make one myself as Legend mentioned, however, like his, I cant have it going right across the bottom of the case due to my water pump and radiator positioning, so something similar to yours would be great, just so I know what size piece of acylic to order, cm's or mm's would be great.

Dimension (H x W x D) 292 x 197 x 95 mm (11.5 x 7.8 x 3.7 inch)

Associate

d288dOG.jpg

@Ade74, I've noticed the shroud seems a bit out of place near the bottom fan. Does the PSU cover really fit correctly? I mean, does the front part fit in up to the "ground" of the case?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom