Custom wires wire

Associate
to clear up on the title a bit , what i want to know is the differences between the actual wire types.

I know the main thing is the gauge size and from the different tutorial videos i have seen, there have been two different types of wire. One of them being very flexible and the other having a more rigid property to it.

What is the one with the rigidity called ?

Man of Honour
I don't like the rigid one and prefer the more flexible silicon cables which are much easier to work with. I have used them on just about anything from fan extensions to 24 pin extensions and have had no problems. I always get my wire from here as they are keenly priced (especially if ordering in bulk) and their customer service has been excellent.

Associate
OP
I don't like the rigid one and prefer the more flexible silicon cables which are much easier to work with. I have used them on just about anything from fan extensions to 24 pin extensions and have had no problems. I always get my wire from here as they are keenly priced (especially if ordering in bulk) and their customer service has been excellent.

I have enough of the silicone stuff, what is the rigid wire called ?

Soldato
Most cable insulation is made from PVC. These can be fairly rigid when compared with silicone insulated cables.

There are dozens of different types of PVC cables. PCs generally use UL rated cables so they can be sold in the US.

Back
Top Bottom