Cutting angles in laminate flooring beading : Nightmare!! Tips?

Soldato
Redecorating our house from top to bottom and have now almost finished the living room. Have laminate flooring down and attempted to finish that off today with the edging/beading strips around the skirting. In hindsight I should have just taken the skirting off and done it that way but I was lazy and didn't.

Anyway, tried cutting the beading for the first few 90 degree angles on the wall today and its been a nightmare. Never manage to get the angle quite right despite using a mitre saw that I have. Cutting perfect 45 degree angles with it doesn't quite work as the walls are always a degree or so out resulting in a gap at the join. I recall doing this in my flat before we moved to this house and back then it was a mare as well but I muddled through it.

Anyone got any tips on cutting this beading so the join looks half decent?. :confused:

Soldato
OP
I find making a paper/card template of the corner helps to get it spot on, as you say walls are never perfect angles anyway.
Thanks, how do you go about that method?.

Cut it at around 40 -43 degree and fill with a wood filler.

Cool, does the colour of the wood filler match up with the beading?. I take it you get it in different shades?.

Soldato
OP
Ah right, gotcha now. Ta.

Wanted to get cracked on with the stuff tomorrow, wonder if anywhere high street wise like B & Q or Homebase does those bevels?.

Cheers for the info so far folks.

Back
Top Bottom