Cutting in on queuing traffic?

Soldato
What's your guys opinions on this?

Going to work this morning up to a t junction, single lane (well one each way but you know what I mean).

I am aiming to turn left at the end, majority of people make a left there.

Traffic on left was stationary about 15 cars or so queuing up to the junction, it's a bit of a ****** junction to get out of, so generally is a bit queue there. I have seen it a lot worse. Anyway, opposite lane was empty so went past all of the cars bar the front 2, there was a gap between third and the first two, so went to cut in in front of number 3.

As I went for the gap, he saw me coming and intentionally went for the gap and cut me out.

I was left basically in the middle of the road, alongside the right of his bonnet, no real room to get forward. I turned around and gave him a bit of a look and a gensture, I didn't make any proper hand signals mind you, if you know what I mean. The cars in front edged forward a bit and did eventually manage to get it front of him when the front 2 had moved up a bit.

I've been riding like 16 years or so, and very occasionally get some dick like this, but do you guys all generally filter and cut in like this, do you think I should have let that one go and get behind him instead?

Fortunately the road bends off to the left a and widens quite a bit before the junction, so there is well enough room for traffic coming the opposite way.

Soldato
OP
If I'm turning left at a junction like that I'll normally hang well back of the mouth of the junction when it comes to slotting back in for exactly this reason just in case I meet a pain in the arse so I've still got time to make it across, if I'm going right then I'll normally stop a car or 2 short of the actual turn just so I can see what's going on before moving out.

At the end of the day they're under no obligation to let us in so I try not to take the pee.

Yea this is kinda what I'm thinking, I mean the guy was 100% being a ****, this wasn't any accident. But it is a difficult junction because the road is pretty narrow up until about 4 car lengths to the end, so you gotta get quite near the end, because the juction is so crap, the cars are generally stationary so not easy to get it in much beforehand.

Soldato
OP
Ok points taken, there is another way I can go, I used to go that way, this way is quicker but that junction is ****, if it sit in the traffic I'll literally get stuck for 10 minutes some days.

I'll go the other way I think.

Soldato
OP
So I watched back a few times, I keep a go pro on.

Basically pretty much as I said, car 1 turns out, car 2 pulls forward, car 3 is stationary as I go past, so I go the the gap between 2 and 3, as I go past 3(no way he could have missed me) the ****** goes for the gap, pretty much as I've gone past him. He still had his brake lights on when I went past.

Fortunately I had an eye on my mirror and saw him otherwise I reckon i'd have gone right in to him. 100% guy being a dick no doubt about it.

Given that, even so I think I'm gonna take the other route, it does as some of you have said just highlight the potential there, Ive only ben going that way a month or so, so i'll go back to the other route.

Back
Top Bottom