CV updated but too much waffle, help!

Soldato
I know, I know, asked you guys a few months ago to help with my CV but I am currently looking for new work as I was laid off two weeks ago. :(

I've changed a few things around, wooded a couple of things differently and added my most recent job. But I think I waffle on to much about the role so need some help breaking it down as I am not keen on a 3 page CV. :o

Cheers and much appreciated all. :)

cvimage-1.png

Soldato
OP
You hold a full UK driving licence, not a full UK driving license.

Regarding my 6 year comment, did you resit 2 years? Why don't you have A Levels? Have you got your dates wrong?

As for layout, it doesn't look very appealing. I'd change the sizes so headings are biggest, sub headings are big and text is normal size. It'll draw attention to your job title which is what you want.

I just put down how long I was at that school. I left when I was 16/finished GCSE and then went to college.

Soldato
OP
Have you gone to any recruitment agencies? I suggest you do, even if they don't have any work for you a half decent one will give go through your CV for you. For this to happen though you may actually have to visit an agency rather than doing it online.

You have know idea mate...I've got agencies and resourcing companys coming all over the place I have used/tried. Not one has ever suggested changing CV... :o :(

Soldato
OP
I have experience of a bit of everything to be honest. IT is one of the main ones I guess. My experience includes basically, some IT/Computer skills, Rail telecoms engineering, CAD and some other Data Analyst roles.

Thanks for that I will take a look now. :)

EDIT: Looks nice, I don't know why I have always used 12 times new roman. What other fonts recommended? I always thought its best to keep to one font per document (ie CV etc) otherwise it might come across a bit tacky?

Soldato
OP
Well noted dp, thanks and yes I know I have always had a habit of going to far with things like job descriptions. I need to completely summarize them in to 2-3 bullets lasting a couple sentances with appropriate keywords.

I've found driving license or shall we say driving licence :p , is always a good thing for CV as is the Network rail cert, as it is a PTS (Personal Track Safety course) you need that before doing pretty much any job where you might be going on site. So it is needed. :)

Soldato
OP
Some good ideas here, thanks all. Going spend a few hours this afternoon tidying it up and making it more presentable. I find it hard not to go into detail about the job descriptions though, need to try and keep it to a key word/bullet point which I can then expand on at interview stage. :)

Back
Top Bottom