*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Suspended
You should hit 60fps easy with frame gen enabled :cool:

Stupid question, I have a 5800x, 3080 gtx not very familiar with computers anymore. Should I upgrade for the alienware oled screen?

Also should I wait for DLC for first place through or go to just 2.0?

Shame it seems the patch is more technical rather than story. I remember being in my twenties when this was announced and seemed so cool and the hype flopped. Quite interested to give it a go on my gardening leave soon.

Man of Honour
No such card as a 3080 GTX :p

3080 12GB or 10GB? There's a decent perf diff between the two, the 12GB is just shy of a 3080 Ti but we can call them identical essentially. That will run Cyberpunk in its current version with psycho RT and Psycho SSR with DLSS Performance at 1440p and get 60fps as that's what I was playing with, some GFX settings may need to be adjusted based on the rest of the system capabilities though.

But with the Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty, the system specs change dramatically:

The story doesn't change in 2.0 update, but the core mechanics change so much that the experience will be new now as described by the current preview thought videos like above.

If you want new story then obviously the expansion is the way to go, so you can at least get the game now and then the expansion later once you're up to the point where Dog town can be naturally entered etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
But with the Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty, the system specs change dramatically:

Looks like we're guessing the 1440p specs. :D

Associate
Anyone think this will go on sale on Steam any time soon, leading up to the release of the expansion? I want to try the game again, as I bought the original PS4 release to play on my PS5 in December 2020, though sold it as it was a pile of rubbish at the time.

Soldato
Anyone think this will go on sale on Steam any time soon, leading up to the release of the expansion? I want to try the game again, as I bought the original PS4 release to play on my PS5 in December 2020, though sold it as it was a pile of rubbish at the time.

£20 on cdkeys, don't think steam of gog have gone lower than that on sales

Associate
Will phantom liberty and 2.0 run OK on my setup ?
5800X3D
3060TI
32GB of 3600mhz ram

in built up areas of the game at 1440p / 144hz and the preset set to " High ".. With DLSS on, I get closer to 100fps on average -- is that about right ? RT is turned off. With DLSS off, I get about 80fps average

Also, am I correct in saying that 2.0 is just an update, whereas Phantom Liberty is a paid DLC ? Will I have to start the game from the beginning once phantom liberty etc is installed ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Phantom Liberty is not a DLC! It is an expansion. A DLC is free content, like update 2.0.

Your specs should run it fine, if you can run it now well then the update should run well too. Probably ened DLSS on for higher settings.

There's commentary with new gameplay shown off onr ed stream here:

Associate
Another difference used to be the size of the content, although this is far more of a grey area these days.

Since I'm not currently planning on starting my new run on day1, I'm holding off downloading the game again so I can get a fresh install with all the newer stuff in one go.

Associate
I enjoyed my first play through on launch, think I’m even more excited to play the expansion on a fresh play through with all the updates. 2.0 looks like a massive upgrade on the launch version.

Back
Top Bottom