Czech Restaurants in london

Associate
hey guys,

One of my closest friends is having a a birthday and she really wants to go to a Czech Restaurant which is in London, can anyone recommend anywhere? I've found one, but I think her parents have already been there.

Never knew there we so unpopular!

Soldato
I think that the stereotypical Czech meal is a choice between steak or dumpling stew may have something todo with it.

How about Persian or Moroccan?

Caporegime
Unless your friend is Czech or Slovak, then really, don't.

It is simple food for simple people, and isn't even that great when had in a "decent" restaurant in the country itself.

Associate
Unless your friend is Czech or Slovak, then really, don't.

It is simple food for simple people, and isn't even that great when had in a "decent" restaurant in the country itself.

I feel that is more than a tad unfair, I studied in Prague last year and although I would agree with the fact that Czech and Slovak food is often relatively simple, I don't think this detracts from the flavour. In fact I still regularly cook recipes I picked up from Czech and Slovak friends for my friends back here in England and I haven't found any complaints so far!

Soldato
There's one in West End Lane in West Hampstead. Well, Czech and Slovak. There also used to be one in North Finchley but that was years ago. Might still be there.

Soldato
I feel that is more than a tad unfair, I studied in Prague last year and although I would agree with the fact that Czech and Slovak food is often relatively simple, I don't think this detracts from the flavour. In fact I still regularly cook recipes I picked up from Czech and Slovak friends for my friends back here in England and I haven't found any complaints so far!
I'll agree with that, it may not be fancy but there's nothing wrong with Czech food (unless you're afflicted by vegetarianism). There are a lot of restaurants that serve greasy rubbish that is by no means representative of the traditional home made dish. I love a well made Smickova :D

Caporegime

Having a Slovak girlfriend and entire extended family in the country I feel pretty confident in my analysis.

Back
Top Bottom