D-Link DIR-615 rev. D2 - Would someone kindly send me there firmware..

Associate
Hi Guys,

Iv'e recently flashed my DLink DIR-615 D2 router from Virgin with DD-WRT and I dont like it I want to go back to the original virgin firmware but cant find it anywhere. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to do a firmware backup and send me it.

It must be revision D2 it says on the back of router..

Firmware version should be 1.00VG

sendto: [email protected]

Many Thanks!

Associate
OP
Its not that I dont like it, The only problem is that my NAT has gone moderate in Black Ops and I've tried everything to fix it within DD-WRT. But its staying moderate.. And its really screwing things up when searching for games cos Im moderate it wont put me as host and people are constantly connecting and disconnecting from my games.

I need the original virgin firmware

Associate
OP
Do you still have to port foward with that firmware? Or is it just not moderate? I've noticed its an older firmware version..

Also that link you gave me has 2 images in it. Do I need to do both? the 'factory' one first ?

Associate
Thanks, could be a handy set of links that, i've got one of these routers, although not sure on the revision, that i've been meaning to flash and then sell on as i also have 2 of the wireless dongle adapters

Caporegime
Im still getting Moderate NAT mate in Black Ops. I have set a manual IP and have tried using both DMZ and also forwarding 88, 3074 and 53.

Still Moderate?

fully reset your modem, using the 30/30/30 reset mode. this means press the reset button on the back of your modem for 90 seconds.

after 30 seconds of pressing, pull out the power cord.

after 60 seconds of pressing, put power cord back in.

after 90 seconds of pressing the reset button release the reset button.

note: this should be done every time after you have flashed your router

Soldato
fully reset your modem, using the 30/30/30 reset mode. this means press the reset button on the back of your modem for 90 seconds.

after 30 seconds of pressing, pull out the power cord.

after 60 seconds of pressing, put power cord back in.

after 90 seconds of pressing the reset button release the reset button.

note: this should be done every time after you have flashed your router

Got to ask..do you do this every time a DD-WRT update is flashed
or just when you do it for teh first time?

Associate
Well I know it's wrong but seeing another one of these xbox threads made me laugh (and once again wonder why microsoft decided to rename nat states). Forwarding ports 52, 88, and 3074 not only won't work but will cause issues for other devices. Open nat means both external and internal ports are the same, moderate means they are different i.e. it mean nat is working however microsoft decided this is too complex for console owners hence the names.

Delete your forwarded ports.
Make sure upnp is enabled.
Turn off xbox.
Turn off router.
Turn on router.
Turn on xbox.
Check network.

Associate
OP
Sonny, that seems garbage because if you pull the power cord out with the reset button still in how is the router going to know its still pushed in when theres no power?

Also its pretty damn impossible to hold the reset button in and unplug and replug the power cable in by yourself.

Regardless, I have tried it and im still getting moderate NAT. Also tried using auto IP again and still getting moderate. uPNP is on.

Surely someone must have one of these routers they can save and send me there firmware? I only tried it to see if I could get faster wifi speeds and tbh its pretty much the same as the original virgin firmware just doesn't want to work with my 360.

Can someone please send me there firmware. It must be DIR-615 rev. D2

Thanks - Rob

Back
Top Bottom