• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£D Prophet 4000XT PCI

Soldato
Hi there,

Whilst i am waiting for my other gfx card to arrive I am using this one. Whenever I try and do stufff that requrires Directx is doesn't work. Is it that it is not directx compatible or that I need to reinstall directx or something....

Thanks...

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

OK I have done that, I run the DirectX Features tests I could see:

DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Got those errors, what do i do? Is this why it isnt working?

Thanks...

Man of Honour
yOU NEED to install the latest drivers.

Am I right in thinking that is a Kyro based card of some description? Might be hard to source dx8/9 drivers for it, but there should at least be dx7 compatible ones.

Soldato
OP
Well I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Herculeas website?

Do I need to reinstall DirectX? I am currently on 9.0c i think?

Back
Top Bottom