d5 pump issue

Associate
I have a strange issue with my d5 pump that came with a ek p360 kit .
Its been working fine and still does work but for some reason the rpm reading in the bios now shows 0 and sets off the cpu alarm fail warning .
The pump still does run and I can still adjust the speed of it in the bios ..
I have checked other fans in the same header which do give rpm readings and also tried the pump in different headers on the mobo with the same result of no rpm reading .
Any ideas ?

Soldato
What motherboard is it and have you plugged it into the correct header for RPM reading? I know on some boards, a specific header must be used for rpm readouts. Failing that you can always disable and set it to ignore in the bios so it does not flag an alarm when you start your pc.

Associate
OP
Its a AX370_K7 mobo, its been plugged in to the same cpu fan header since day one and previously worked fine , just turned it on one day last week and the cpu fan alarm was sounding and no rpm reading in bios, I have set the bios cpu fan fail alarm to off for the mean time but just strange how all of a sudden the alarm goes off and fails to read the rpms...
I can only guess there is a fault within the pump circuit board maybe ??

Soldato
According to your manual these are the only headers that support the pump speed/adjustment

VM3BVHe.jpg

If you haven't already i would give them a try first and see what happens. Failing that, check the wiring from the pump to the plug and see if its been crimped anywhere.. they aren't the thickest of wires nor the strongest.

Associate
OP
Ek suggest that you plug the pump into the cpu header and thats how its been for 8 months or so and worked fine up until now, I have tried all other headers on the board to rule out a problematic mobo header but they all behave the same with the pump connected (no rpm readout)...
I have carefully checked the cable for damage and seems to ok but won't know for sure without stripping the pump to test with a meter which is a road I don't really want to go down.

Soldato
Ek suggest that you plug the pump into the cpu header and thats how its been for 8 months or so and worked fine up until now, I have tried all other headers on the board to rule out a problematic mobo header but they all behave the same with the pump connected (no rpm readout)...
I have carefully checked the cable for damage and seems to ok but won't know for sure without stripping the pump to test with a meter which is a road I don't really want to go down.

In that case i would suggest resetting the bios back to default and see if you can get a readout on the default settings. Are the headers set to PWM?

Associate
WAIT!! Had exact same problem with my D5 pump that came with that same kit and tried connecting it to different mobo headers etc,. Like yours, it worked for 6 weeks perfectly then showed that problem. Contact EK Support and they will tell you to raise a RMA. They will send you a new pump, you swap them over and then return the faulty goods. They organise collection of the faulty goods once you inform them that you have swapped them over. Took 10 days to receive my replacement pump during this Covid pandemic. EK support is great as they kept me informed on progress at all stages.

Associate
OP
WAIT!! Had exact same problem with my D5 pump that came with that same kit and tried connecting it to different mobo headers etc,. Like yours, it worked for 6 weeks perfectly then showed that problem. Contact EK Support and they will tell you to raise a RMA. They will send you a new pump, you swap them over and then return the faulty goods. They organise collection of the faulty goods once you inform them that you have swapped them over. Took 10 days to receive my replacement pump during this Covid pandemic. EK support is great as they kept me informed on progress at all stages.

Thats good to hear , I have emailed EK and they have replied asking for my invoice for the goods and a video describing the fault, I have sent both to them and awaiting a reply, I hope to hear from them soon

Back
Top Bottom