DAB Radio's?

Soldato
I can't pick up any digital radio station in Windsor at anything that is actually possible listen to.

BW on most channels on TC has to be doubled at least and more masts because its silly atm.

Associate
The principle behind DAB, as with Freeview, was more channels with better quality. Sadly over time, again as with Freeview, they've crammed more and more channels into the same bandwith resulting in lower quality per channel - the average bitrate according to my DAB radio is 128Kbit.

Don't get me wrong DAB has many good points - easy tuning, lots of channels, access to channels like 6Music, 5 Live Sports Extra etc that aren't available on 'ordinary' radio and AM/MW only stations like TalkSPORT and Virgin in better quality - but it's not the earth-shattering thing it could've been :(

Soldato
East of Hull, my dad's signal depends on don't know what. We thought it was the weather, but since ruled that out. When he does get a signal it's brilliant for TalkSport, 5 Live and Sport Extra (his 3 most listened to). If bad signal, it's back to MW for 2 of the 3...

Soldato
Got a wi-fi network?

Get wi-fi radio, 5,434 stations :)

IMG_0507Medium.jpg

Soldato
LewisStuart said:
Got a wi-fi network?

Get wi-fi radio, 5,434 stations :)
5 Live and most of the other BBC radio channels I listen to (world service and Radio 4) sound poor from the BBC website, that was the main reason I got a DAB radio.

Soldato
Flibster said:
Ooooh. Now THAT interests me. :D

Will it take files from a PC as well as radio streams? Also - what happens if net connection goes phut? Nothing at all or does it still actually have some radio features?

Simon/~Flibster

Ditto. My dad wouldn't mind one of these...

Soldato
working on a factory digital radio is a godsend, in 50% of places you can't get any stations and the other 50% you can only pickup signal1. Digital radios work fine all over the site

Soldato
yeah, the radio will stream mp3/wma from your pc.

I't would be useless without a wi-fi network as it runs of a usb network adaptor.

Mr Joshua - that bugs me too, BBC only stream at 44kbps & there on demand even less at 32k. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Highly recommend Pure Evoke 3 great sound quality and can record to SD Cards. Big Screen EPG. Connect to PC via USB to transfer your recordings. Listening using a Optical Cable connected X-Fi sounds great.

Not cheap but the Dogs _____

Back
Top Bottom