Damaged Ipod Touch

Associate
My brother decided to take my ipod touch out with his friends with out telling me and came home with the resulting damage.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see the damage is quite bad in the top left hand side of the sceen, but the LCD seems to be okay. The only problem is the metal casing has been bent. If i bought a screen replacement, and bent the metal back myself would this work?

Also i have seen loads of replacement sceens but unsure which to get, and what tools to get to repair it my self.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
How on earth did he manage that? Is your bother friends with FPSRussia? :p

I would look at getting a new digitiser, frame, and home button assembly, these are around £30 I think... With the tools it's not too hard to do, if a little fiddly.

Im' guessing that the back part it stainless steel, so you can try bending it back, it won't look great but at least it will be functional.

Associate
OP
What the hell did he do to it?

He claims that he dropped it off the mantelpiece but i doubt it would do that much damage, looks like he stood on it with football boots.

Ordered a new screen, and i am going to try bending it back into possition so that it looks reasonably ok. Just got to wait untill he buys new a new one, to get it back to the condition it was in.

Associate
Its obviously been dropped end on since you can see where the cracks all radiate from.

I doubt as others have said that you will be able to bend the metal back properly since its always going to have some dents, but a new screen would make it useable.

Get your brother to get you a new one and why not get something like an Otterbox case to fit around the old one, you'll never see the dents on the sides then - give him the old one :)

L33

L33

Permabanned
That has been broken by someone attempting to remove the screen. The initial screen break might have been caused by a drop but someone has tried to jemmy the screen off.
The metal frame tends to 'peak' out like that when these devices are dropped on a corner, something has to give and the metal bends outwards. Same happened to my old ipad, looked like someone had tried to crowbar it open!

Back
Top Bottom