Dark and Darker

Soldato
Surprised their is no thread about this its brilliant! The game is not released yet but they have a play test over the weekend its a small download 7GB, it will be free to play once its released.

Its a first person fantasy dungeon crawler with pve&pvp gameplay, think tarkov/pubg but in dudgeon with warriors, rouges, rangers & Wizards etc. Its bit brutal and you can die easily but I find myself always wanting to do one more round.
Their is ring that closes slowly like in a BR game, but its not last man standing you choose to escape with your loot by taking the blue tablet/portal or dare go deeper into the depths! by taking the red portal.

Last edited:
Associate
Some questions then as looks potentially fun.....
Once you escape and sell your loot what can you do with the money?
Assume you can upgrade your character?

Yes to both. They have traders you can buy and sell from (in the future they will also offer missions) and you can level your character with skills and perks. It's full loot pvp though so what you take in, you lose if you die.

Soldato
OP
This play test seems a lot easier than the first one thier is a lot more loot, the spawns and levels are better.

Man of Honour
Been trying out the demo of this during the steam demo week. Its pretty good but does suffer from several flaws, balance seems to be a bit out of whack, seems to be a fair bit of unbalance in the starting positions too. A few minor things bug me, like why do I always start a match without my weapon in my hand and have to press a key to equip my weapon , I would much rather it starts me with my weapon in my hand and a few other minor annoyances. I suspect it will suffer from the same sort of "negatives" that Tarkov had , such as a new player can immediately run into a far higher level of player who is geared up out the wazoo and have essentially 0% chance of winning the fight and I'm guessing it has seasons that wipe, like Tarkov and the issue I had there was that after shoving in all the time in Tarkov to gear up etc when it was wiped I lost the incentive to bother re-doing the whole lot again and simply moved onto other games. I dont know how many players were the same in that regard , whether they were happy to repeat it all over again or whether they lost interest after that too.

Its got the foundations there certainly to be a decent game , for 1 season at least but I dont suppose its ever going to have that much of a sizeable userbase, however a plus is that its only like 18 players in a match so it doesnt need a particularly huge userbase to be viable.

Soldato
They've got tarkov as a base to literally steal all their ideas from and improve upon, and yet it looks as though it was made in 1998. Early access, alpha then beta for half a generation to then be barely played by full release... Again (whilst you pay full price early on to experience all the flaws).

Man of Honour
I just been trying this, just die to mobs instantly every time lol
Yeah , takes a little while to learn how to time your attacks against the mobs, step in, swing and step back before they swing and wait for the next opening to step forward and swing again (basically dont toe to toe with a mob). Unless you're the archer, in which case just twang arrrows at it while backpeddling til its dead :D

Last edited:
Associate
I am so bad at this game, last time I played I spawned in a small locked room with a chest, so opened the chest only for me now to be in small locked room with a chest attacking me, I died, I logged out.

Associate
Really enjoying it. I'm glad they focussed on function over shiny graphics, seems like a developer who's listening to feedback too and is passionate about their product. Definitely something I will keep trying throughout play tests and early access. :)

Soldato
I haven't had chance to play this yet. I keep missing the tests.

But it looks like a good game to pick up and play.

I'm looking to get it when it gets released.

Back
Top Bottom