Dark Rock 3 and Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5

Soldato
Just bought this and installed it today to replace my broken AIO. Unless I'm being a complete idiot here the only way I can install it is so that it exhausts vertically. Not ideal for airflow really with it being so close to my GPU. Has anyone else got this fitted to the same board and runs it like this? If so, what are your temps like? Mine is running at stock (1700x) and is currently idling around 40c although it is getting rather warm here :)

Associate
I know is this thread is a month old but here goes.

It's due to the AM4 mounting bracket being above and below the CPU. This means that unless you have the ASUS C6H motherboard that has AM3 & 4 mounting slots then you are stuck with that orientation.

There is no performance difference from either orientation. The fan will still be moving air through the heatsink and wicking the heat from the processor through the exhaust.

It's the same principal as water cooling. People get all hung up on loop order when it really doesn't matter.

It's all just aesthetics in the end.

Soldato
OP
I know is this thread is a month old but here goes.

It's due to the AM4 mounting bracket being above and below the CPU. This means that unless you have the ASUS C6H motherboard that has AM3 & 4 mounting slots then you are stuck with that orientation.

There is no performance difference from either orientation. The fan will still be moving air through the heatsink and wicking the heat from the processor through the exhaust.

It's the same principal as water cooling. People get all hung up on loop order when it really doesn't matter.

It's all just aesthetics in the end.

Thanks for the reply but I sent it back and got the Pro version which does mount horizontally. It just looks odd to me when it exhausts vertically and my temps are lover as well but that could be down to how I fitted the new one/paste used etc.

Back
Top Bottom