Dark T-Force on 2700x?

Associate
I keep looking at the 2700x bundle https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...-team-group-ram-free-480gb-ssd-bu-01g-am.html

I know the 8 pack ram is the "best" for Ryzen but how bad is the Dark T-Force?

presumably it works (to spec of 3200MHz) as it's part of the bundle?

I don't know if I'll necessarily be overclocking (certainly not to start with), but I would at least expect it to work to the advertised spec.

I know I'm slowly talking myself into the 8 pack, but I'm just wondering how bad the T-Force is apart from slightly higher CAS.

Soldato
8 pack should slot in and work, T- Force if it doesn't, might require Voltage increase , then then it's looking at some tweaking or maybe drop to 3000hz with same timings so the easy tweak solution

Having 2700x chip should help, in theory they are better binned , but we all know the good ones end up in thread ripper

OcUK Staff
^^^man amd don't bin imc, infinity fabric.... Intel don't bin by this either to be honest only by frequency of the core at imc default so a top end cpu may not be as strong on imc as a low end one.

Associate
OP
then, to ask a dangerous question - why would OC be selling a bundle if some of the components either aren't drop-in compatible or don't run to their spec (if there's such a need to get the 8 pack ram to be trouble free)?

Soldato
I have just got this bundle (less than 2 weeks old) I got the vulcan 3000mhz, just switched to the XMP profile and it went smoothly. Haven't tried pushing it beyond that.

Soldato
then, to ask a dangerous question - why would OC be selling a bundle if some of the components either aren't drop-in compatible or don't run to their spec (if there's such a need to get the 8 pack ram to be trouble free)?

as 8 pack mentioned, not all chips are the same - his kit works one of the best as its optimised - have more time and you can use Ryzen RAM Calculator to really tighten timings.

if youve got the budget and want less hassle, you get that kit, if not the 3000hz

Associate
The Team Group RGB 3000Mhz kit worked straight away on my ROG STRiX X470 with enabling DOCP (AMD’s equivalent of XMP) and continues to work flawlessly. The 8-Pack kit is really nice as it’s CL14 and upping the voltage should see it work up to 3466Mhz on a decent X470 motherboard. The Ryzen memory compatibility is much better now on the main motherboard brands but I would go X470/B450 for the best compatibility.

We have the Intel tax, the nVidia tax, and the 8-Pack tax but joking apart the 8-Pack kit is about as good as any on Ryzen. It’s only downfall is it’s lack of RGB goodness though I’m sure an 8-Pack RGB version will come soon so we can all experience 8-pack in Rainbow!

Associate
I have the Ryzen cold/warm boot issue with the Vulcan T-Force 3200Mhz 16GB kit @ 2933Mhz+. 3 out of 4 system boots will fail. My Vulcan kit is Samsung B-die but in 2 ranks. The memory is perfectly stable once booted. Not sure if its exactly the same as the Dark T-Force 3200Mhz kit apart from the heat spreader.

I was led to believe between Asus/ Teamgroup the issue would be resolved in an upcoming BIOS. However the issue still remains with the latest BIOS. I'm waiting for the next BIOS update now hoping the fix simply missed the previous release.

The Vulcan T-Force 3000Mhz 16GB kit appears to be 1 rank reading the findings of other users. Clock-for-clock the 2 rank memory is marginally faster but it doesn't overclock as well as the 1 rank kits. In my opinion this makes the 3000Mhz kit the better buy when considered with my boot issue.

Back
Top Bottom