DARKSIDERS 3

Soldato
I started the first game just before Warmastered edition released. I held off playing more as I thought the remastered would be a better option. Loved the game even if it did feel a little long.

Really need to play 2, it's been in my library for forever.

Soldato
I'll have to await reviews, I have my doubts for some reason. Bit of a troubled development of I'm not mistaken? I'd imagine reviews hit tomorrow surely

Quite right. I should have said, "Anyone picking it up immediately if reviews are positive?". Even if reviews are good, I still have Red Dead 2 to finish, and have only just started Hitman 2, so this may get put on the back burner for a while, for me anyway.

Soldato
Quite right. I should have said, "Anyone picking it up immediately if reviews are positive?". Even if reviews are good, I still have Red Dead 2 to finish, and have only just started Hitman 2, so this may get put on the back burner for a while, for me anyway.

It seems like the sort of title that is arriving with very little buzz which is a shame as it has its fans and the last titles were good. I can see it getting rather discounted over Xmas so may wait regardless

Soldato
It seems reviews are a mixed bag leaning more towards mediocre by the looks of things. I shall skip this one for now, it's a shame but atleast the series was given a chance to continue.

Gamespot seem to be at the lower end with 4/10, videogamer 5/10 but then Gameinformer go with 8/10

Soldato
I played a few hours last night, certainly not the game I was expecting.

I think it's hard to know what it is, it has a lot in common with the souls/bloodborne style but with a bit of platforming/puzzles thrown in.

As a result I can't decide, I think it may get frustrating later on, when you die you go right back to the start of the level and all the enemies are there again. You can run past them all but it seems pointless. In the souls game you are exploring and finding your way but in this it is scripted and you know where you are going so it feels like a chore having to get back to the place you died.

I'm playing it on the X and have seen a fair bit of slowdown in places.

Associate
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I must say that i really enjoy this game.

Got it on PSN plus and I gave it a try. I recall playing half way through the first one on pc which i enjoyed and said I would go back to it but never did. Same happened with the 2nd which i played a bit on ps3 i think and again left it for later and just didn't.

This time i am playing till i finish it and boy I enjoy this more than the other 2. It's more like god of war with some souls elements in it. You really need to learn how to dodge!

Anyone who wants a hack and slash linear game like the old GOW games, with a bit of simple puzzling would enjoy this game. You can go back and forward to different areas that you have been to already but its not openworld GTA madness or anything like that which I personally appreciate more as i am fed up with all the openworld games that didn't need to be openworld with silly side quests.

Soldato
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I must say that i really enjoy this game.

Got it on PSN plus and I gave it a try. I recall playing half way through the first one on pc which i enjoyed and said I would go back to it but never did. Same happened with the 2nd which i played a bit on ps3 i think and again left it for later and just didn't.

This time i am playing till i finish it and boy I enjoy this more than the other 2. It's more like god of war with some souls elements in it. You really need to learn how to dodge!

Anyone who wants a hack and slash linear game like the old GOW games, with a bit of simple puzzling would enjoy this game. You can go back and forward to different areas that you have been to already but its not openworld GTA madness or anything like that which I personally appreciate more as i am fed up with all the openworld games that didn't need to be openworld with silly side quests.
The first one is fantastic, definately go back and finish it. Play the Warmastered edition at this point. The 2nd one I played directly after the first and didn't like it as the character just felt so different but I left it for a few months and went back and it felt like a totally different game. Ended up thoroughly enjoying it. 3 gets a bad rep but I will pick it up at some point. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom