Dating Around (Netflix 2019)

Soldato
This came up in my feed and I thought **** it, I'd try it.

The premise is that for each episode the producers matched up one person with 5 blind dates on different nights, recorded it all and edit it together.

After googling about apparently it's all 100% legit and real people, with nothing scripted, just genuine conversations between the people on the show.

It's shot using some good camera work and production value though which makes it look more fictional/scripted in the trailer, but they say it's not. It doesn't feel like the usual fly on the wall restaurant dating shows.

After getting the people lubed up with alcohol and food there's actually some pretty funny, raw and interesting conversations between some of them, and a few of them are really great characters. It's fascinating to see the dynamic between the couples no matter what their age, sexual preference etc. is.

Apparently it came out on Valentines Day a few weeks ago. It's a neat take on the whole reality dating show premise and is an interesting insight as to what it can be like to date in a major city in 2019.

Trailer:

Netflix link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom