Daughter accused of breaking pub window - Advice please.

Permabanned
MeatLoaf said:
Thing is if i go tom the police i could end up in bother myself becuase i lied on my first statement.

Dosent bother me if i never go in the place agian.

Im not made of money, and apparently the wife just told me that amy says she did it.

Well if she did im entering her for the scool shot putt competition :(

Even so, im willing to pay the £60 estimate i got less £30 she owes me. So its £30 quid and i will never use the pub again :(

Well if she did it and your gonna pay make sure you pay it infront of the regulars making the landlord feel bad about it, also make sure the regulars hear you say this to cover the cost of the glass that you say my daughter broke

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
She said she did it?

Yeah, but the fence is bigger than she is so how she did its another matter. And theat 7 year old looked very sheepish afterwards. I wanted to have a word with him but the wife wouldnt let me. Ive spoke to his parents though.

Soldato
OP
crashuk said:
Well if she did it and your gonna pay make sure you pay it infront of the regulars making the landlord feel bad about it, also make sure the regulars hear you say this to cover the cost of the glass that you say my daughter broke

I will make sure he signs a reciept for it if i do pay it.

Man of Honour
I'd pay someone I knew to fix it so the landlord didn't make out of it & not go there again, then break another window late one night in a few weeks time just to annoy him. Childish yes, but it'll feel good:)

Suspended
he has no proof, and im my experience of 4 year olds whenever they throw anything they always seem to let go too late and it heads straight down.

You need to go and sit your daughter on your knee and ask her what happened, tell her you want the truth and ask her if this 7 year old told her to admit to it.

If she still says she did it then buy the glass yourself and arrange delivery to the pub. Make sure you have a receipt.

If she didnt do it then go to the landlord, tell him your not paying as your daughter says she didnt do it or that the other lad did it.

If the police get involved then you tell them the reason you lied was because of what they did to this suspected burglar!

Soldato
OP
Shs adamant that she did it. :(

God knows what im going to do if he comes up with a stupid figure for the window replacement. My wife says im stressing to much and that it will work out ok. I think she thinks money grows on trees.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
you say she said she did it, but have you sat down with her and told her to tell you the truth, and that whatever she says you wont be angry, and looked at her in the eyes, surely you can tell if shes lying or not?

if shes not then ofcourse you gota pay up, if not, i wouldnt

Suspended
MeatLoaf said:
Shs adamant that she did it. :(

God knows what im going to do if he comes up with a stupid figure for the window replacement. My wife says im stressing to much and that it will work out ok. I think she thinks money grows on trees.

Well then you can either pay or lie.

You need to phone the landlord and speak about it. Tell him you want to buy the glass yourself as you can save money going through a friend. Ask him for the dimensions and start shopping around. Get the glass delivered to him.

Do not let him buy the glass and then pay for it!

Soldato
Unless you can get to the bottom of it and find out whether it really was your daughter or the 7 year old, it looks as if you will have to foot the bill. :(

On the insurance thing, although I have no experience, I can imagine that an insurer would refuse to cover broken windows in a pub.

Permabanned
Mate if your daughter is admitting it is her... somehow it must be. You never said that in your OP. Pay the landlord. 60 quid isn't a great deal and you'll only need to hand over 30.

Soldato
OP
Hes said he dosenmt mind me getting quotes for glass, he knows a guy who can fit it so all he wants is the glass. Looks like its going to cost me tho. Ah well, goodbye conroe, hello pub window

Soldato
OP
Violent-J said:
Mate if your daughter is admitting it is her... somehow it must be. You never said that in your OP. Pay the landlord. 60 quid isn't a great deal and you'll only need to hand over 30.

I know. I didnt know when i first posted, my wife was upstairs talking to her :(

And as you say its only £30 so i guess its lesson learend. Dont take kids to the pub :(

Back
Top Bottom