Daughters 18th Gaming Laptop

Associate
Hi folks, first post and about spending a fortune no doubt on my daughters upcoming birthday present.

So long and short she wants a gaming laptop as her old surfacebook has had it.

She is at college so needs a combined gaming and college laptop affair, so that is where the rub is as everything remote and virtual at moment so needs a webcam on the laptop.

What suggestions are there as i am coming from the world of apple so know nothing about windows gaming laptops.

Ideally needs webcam, new as possible, budget circa £1500 tops........maybe more haha

Appreciate maybe better looking without and using external webcam, if so feel free to suggest that if makes more sense spec and budget wise.

Thanks folks, literally been trawling the web seeing 10 different things and want the best for her for next few years.

Soldato
Razer Blade 15 with RTX 3060 ? £1600

Most of the gaming laptop offerings now with the latest RTX 30 Series GPUs are Asus, MSI and Gigabyte. The other brands are yet to release theirs.

Asus don’t include webcams and MSI and Gigabyte arent exactly cheaper than the Blade 15.

Lenovo new releases due next month (?) might be worth waiting for.

Associate
When is the birthday exactly? If it's the middle of March onwards I would wait for the new nvidia 3000 series of laptops to be fully released and see which of those are within budget. Or see which of the previous generations 2000 series have been discounted for a nice bargain at that point.

Associate
OP
Thanks for suggestions etc so far. Birthday is end of march but i fear i cant get this surface working again so will need to act sooner, like today or tomorrow haha.

Guess its about getting best bang for buck at moment then even if slightly older spec.

Back
Top Bottom