David Cameron buys £1500 used Nissan Micra...

Caporegime
If it isn't a stunt, I'd be putting itching powder in his undies if I was Sam. What multi millionaire on £160k a year buys their other half a £1500 banger, while they drive around in top of the range jags and daimlers. Tight git.

Man of Honour
He can't win. If he bought her a Range Rover Vogue there would have been outrage at that, too. And presumably people going OMG HE EXPENSED IT.

Caporegime
Why would anyone give a **** about the vehicles he buys?

We only get this news story because he wants to make the plebs thinks hes a nice guy, too bad we don't live in the middle ages anymore where that might have gone over the sub-80 IQ average worker.

Soldato
I had to read this part a couple of times :-

Harris said he believed Cameron was buying the blue Nissan Micra, which had 92,000 on the clock, for his wife Samantha. “He looked it over just like any bloke off the street, but not someone with mechanical knowledge,” he said.

“I think he must have seen it on the internet, a British-made car, five-door hatchback, not too expensive, within 10 miles of his constituency. And he found this one.”

Nissan Motor Company Ltd, usually shortened to Nissan, is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan.

Parent organization: Renault

So thats a French owned Japanese company which is 'British made' :p

Soldato
^don't they have a plant in the uk, i think that's what he means.

as for the car, cmon on his salary he's got to be able to afford his wife something nicer, and less terrifying to drive, and y'know- got her opinion on it?

Back
Top Bottom