David

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Having t-boned an X-Type at 60mph when I was 18 and knowing that feeling of imapct, I can only feel for this lad and his family having been able to walk away with just bruising from a similar incedent. I was never thrown from the bike though, the rear foor of the car absorbed it all and I managed not to hit the roofline with my head. Pure luck.

Not ridden since, purely because a car is more practical. I've been lusting over bikes since, but this makes me feel like I don't want to bother. Not for the road anyway. Maybe a dirt bike or track bike. It's a shame. But there's too many idiots out there. Far too many. You can ride with the best intentions and behaviour in the world but it only takes someone else to make a small mistake and lives are destroyed.

Associate
Having t-boned an X-Type at 60mph when I was 18 and knowing that feeling of imapct, I can only feel for this lad and his family having been able to walk away with just bruising from a similar incedent. I was never thrown from the bike though, the rear foor of the car absorbed it all and I managed not to hit the roofline with my head. Pure luck.

Not ridden since, purely because a car is more practical. I've been lusting over bikes since, but this makes me feel like I don't want to bother. Not for the road anyway. Maybe a dirt bike or track bike. It's a shame. But there's too many idiots out there. Far too many. You can ride with the best intentions and behaviour in the world but it only takes someone else to make a small mistake and lives are destroyed.

you not any safer :( had a friend while we was a the mx track, fell of at <20 mph and ended up paralyzed.

spp

spp

Associate
Tragic for all involved. This video serves to both, remind bikers to keep their speed in check and remind other road users to look out for us.

Associate
Very sad.
No reaction time at those speeds.
Who here would do those speeds in that location ?

TL;DR
I have just been to Bakewell for a couple of days on the bike with SWMBO.
I had never been around there before and was being tail gated by a landrover discovery towing a trailer but I held my position on the road despite doing around 10mph less than the speed limit due to it being pitch black and poorly lit.
I do speed now and again but only on roads that I know well and even then I don't go mad.
For me, speeding is doing 50+ in a 40mph zone and 40+ in a 30mph zone.....Doing 100 is lunacy- I don't know the speed limit on the road that David was on but I'm sure it was a lot less than 100mph.
Riding a motorcycle is a joy even at low speeds and I go out to enjoy a ride, if that ride takes half an hour longer due to me going slower then at least it's half an hour extra riding. Cruising is king.
Speeding is stressful and not enjoyable !

Caporegime
You can see the car going into the junction as he overtakes the last car.

If you look at the line of traffic you can just see a grey smudge sticking out, that's the car pulling into the turning part of the road. Bear in mind human eyesight is better than a gopro video on youtube. He's what, 100m from the junction? The car driver should have been able to see both bike and car.

K13no25.jpg.png

errr

EMKToqR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom