DC Vault

Soldato
Cheers will do, I've also signed up for Docking so currently have one wu of each running. Nearly forgot to put OcUK as the team, I set it after I started the current wu so hopefully it will still count.

Man of Honour
I'm doing Rosetta, Seti, Docking and Cosmology on my poor laptop.

Its an i7 quad with HT and a measly NVS 4200M (48 cores) but its beavering away (when its plugged in!)

Associate
90% through these GIMPS WUs ... they dont half take a long time.

Probably 1 more day needed. Be interesting to see what 8 completed units will do for my score.

Soldato
90% through these GIMPS WUs ... they dont half take a long time.

Probably 1 more day needed. Be interesting to see what 8 completed units will do for my score.

I signed up to GIMPS yesterday as well, only gave it one core though. Bit annoying it's not on boinc as the stats for it don't seem that good.

Associate
Any idea what the difference between LL and LL-D is ? i have no idea which WUs are best to do and theres not a lot of info on this (might be trial and error)

Soldato
Yeah nice work on GIMPS. I don't think I have managed to complete a WU on that yet. I keep getting messages saying possible hardware error, confidence in final result is poor or something like that.

Associate
Cool.. So a weeks wait for 8 WUs was worth it. Lets see what I get for standard LL units in the next week. 25th is a good rank... But I do fancy seing if we can break top 20 :)

Soldato
OP
Geez look at this WU I've picked up on RNA :eek:

BOINCManager_2012-05-27_19-10-14.png

... I thought the rest of the RNA ones were bad.

Soldato
OP
Dimes has been removed from the DC Vault, maybe temporary, depending if they can sort their stats out and Eon has been added. This hasn't worked out too well for us, we're in 26th now 5K adfrift from 25th, we would have been in 24th after this mornings stats had things stayed the same, nevermind, I'm going to give a couple of cores to Eon and see what happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dimes has been removed from the DC Vault, maybe temporary, depending if they can sort their stats out and Eon has been added. This hasn't worked out too well for us, we're in 26th now 5K adfrift from 25th, we would have been in 24th after this mornings stats had things stayed the same, nevermind, I'm going to give a couple of cores to Eon and see what happens.

Damn that's a bit annoying. 40% through my gimp task, I don't think it's ever going to end lol. Docking, correlizer and RNA work all seems to have dried up for the moment.

Associate
GIMPS sure does take a long time doesnt it :)... the 7% i have dedicated to eON2 seems to be making some difference (well 2% of the teams work) still no Enigma units though..

Back
Top Bottom