Dead Cells (all platforms)

Soldato
I couldn't see a dedicated thread for this and it deserves one as Dead Cells is the ******! 2D Dark Souls does it a disservice as it's very much it's own thing and totally great. It's more like a crazy, roguelike, 2D souls/action/metroid/sonic game. At first the idea of blasting through levels quickly and perma death didn't gel and I was taking it slow - still fun as hell - but as I got better momentum naturally started to build. Suddenly you start making the timed gates with the extra goodies and are blasting through infected monsters in showers of blood filled carnage! And then death isn't such a big deal anymore - it's almost welcome as you get to try a new combo of items and skills, of which the possible options and synergies between are brilliant. And the controls are tight as hell! Decent controls are taken for granted these days and it's rare to stop mid game and think 'the controls in this are bloody good'. Bayonetta was another. Part of me thinks the developers got lucky as so many different influences have been blended together and everything works! Better than it probably should. Either way, who cares - it's the nuts.

Back
Top Bottom