Dead Nokia 6280

Soldato
I plugged my 6280 in to charge last night as the battery was nearly dead. I'm not sure if it was actually charging though. The alarm went off this morning and then it died. It won't charge and when I try to turn it on I get the Nokia logo and then it fades away immediately.

I've tried a different charger. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
lmfy2k said:
most CarphoneWarehouses are service centres.
No they're not, relatively few are service centres. They'll send it away instead.

If you want to go to a carphone warehouse to sort it, you'll need a proof of purchase if you didn't buy it from carphone warehouse originally, otherwise it'll be chargeable.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
MeatLoaf said:
Haly, is yours a service centre ( the stafford branch i mean ).
I have no idea, I don't work there :) Having looked at it when I was trying to get a transfer, I sincerely doubt it as it's tiny.
I used to work at the Swansea branches and will be again come Christmas, neither of which are service centres either.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
lmfy2k said:
ive been to a CPW a few times without a receipt and they have repaired dead phones for me for free (well as long as the phone is under warranty), they just check the imei on their system.
That'll be if you bought it from CPW. They won't have IMEIs stored on their system that were not originally from CPW/E2Save/OSPS.

Soldato
Haly said:
That'll be if you bought it from CPW. They won't have IMEIs stored on their system that were not originally from CPW/E2Save/OSPS.

no mate, all my phones come from O2 direct, when they go faulty, i take them to CPW which they repair for me.

on the CPW website it says:

# Even if you bought your phone elsewhere, we can still repair your phone.
# Free repairs for faults covered by the manufacturer warranty.

i have had a phone from ebay aswell, which i have taken to CPW for repair, they just scan the imei bar code thing at back of the phone.

i know plenty of people who have done the same, no receipt is needed.

if a receipt is needed then, you trying to say that all 24900 mobiles currently on ebay are warranty void? cos no receipt is given.

If CPW need a receipt, write a hand written receipt and say you bought it from classified section of newspaper. :D

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Then the place you take your phones is doing it wrong. I know for a fact that they're not meant to do it. We in the Swansea branches get in trouble if we don't have a proof of purchase for any phone not purchased originally from CPW.
If there's a proof of purchase then that's fine. If there isn't, then the repair becomes chargeable.

Wherever you've gone is not following company policy.

Back
Top Bottom