DEAD OCZ Eclipse Laser Gaming Mouse

Soldato
yesterday whilst on the pc the above mouse stopped working. The buttons would work but the pointer wouldn't move around my screen (laser dead?). i've done a fresh instal of Vista and it is still the same.

I've contacted OCUK and have received an RMA number.

Thing is, is there any other way of testing this before sending it back? I don't want OCUK to receive it and then charge me £10 + if it turns out not to be faulty

Associate
I would try plugging it into another machine or a laptop, no need for drivers - the machine should just use a universal one unless there's something funny I don't know about OCZ mice.
I guess you could try cleaning the laser with a cotton bud but I'd imagine you'd still be getting some form of cursor movement if it was just a dirty laser.
Good Luck

Associate
also, here's a post on the ocz forum from a guy with an almost identical problem

Hello, I purchased the OCZ Eclipse mouse about a few months ago from Dell, But today it has suddenly stop responding.

I was in a game when the mouse cursor began to act very unreponsive, it would only move very slightly if the mouse was moved, Then about 15 seconds after that, The mouse stopped responding alltogether, and the mouse cursor no longer works.

The left click and right click buttons work, But the sensor for the laser does not.

I have tried restarting my computer, cleaning the laser, switching USB slots, but nothing seems to work.

What should i do?

Thanks

I'd RMA it mate :)

Back
Top Bottom