Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game

Soldato
I think that is in reference to a dice roll so you can use an action dice for that ability assuming the action dice has the correct value on it.

i.e If the card has (4+) on it you need to use an action dice with the value 4,5 or 6

Cheers for the reply. I think I'm being real dense here tho as I still don't know what you mean! You're saying you'd need to roll a 4 or more for the skill to happen?

Soldato
Cheers for the reply. I think I'm being real dense here tho as I still don't know what you mean! You're saying you'd need to roll a 4 or more for the skill to happen?

Yeah, if you want to use that skill you need to spend one of your action dice that has the value on the card or greater.

Soldato
Cheers mate. makes sense.

//edit

My copy came without a police station. It was easy enough to draw one to tide us over but wasn't ideal. I emailed Plaid Hat Games when we noticed on saturday and they've already shipped one :)

Last edited:
Associate
Is Amazon the cheapest place to get this? I'm really trying to resist spending money on board games but this is so tempting...

Why are you resisting? Bad experiences?

Ah nice one, I didn't realise you could view the pole results that detailed on bgg. Thanks.

Ah no worries mate :)

i live outside the UK at the moment, but I am popping back for a holiday and have a copy to play. My first few games will also be with 3, when I've had a few games i shall post what i think.

Man of Honour
Only resisting as I have far too many board games and lately my time to play them is limited. I've managed to sell most of the ones I don't play but still have an almost unused copy of Star Craft I need to get rid of really.

This game looks particularly awesome though.

Man of Honour
Hoping to play this tomorrow with a few friends but Meeples Corner have sent the package via Yodel and unsurprisingly Yodel have messed up the delivery. Sigh. Hopefully it'll arrive in work tomorrow and I'll be able to play it but I'd have preferred at least a day to look at the rules and get all the bits ready. I've watched a play through video and presuming I can download the rule book hopefully that'll be enough.

Soldato
Why are you resisting? Bad experiences?

Ah no worries mate :)

i live outside the UK at the moment, but I am popping back for a holiday and have a copy to play. My first few games will also be with 3, when I've had a few games i shall post what i think.

I was one of the 3 :D, and can report that it's a rather fun game!. Definitely an involving board game. It's very tactical once you get into it/understand the rules. With lots of room for team work, or back stabbery! :D..

Quite a well balanced game too. There are a lot of rules to follow, but it's very rewarding, and quite quick to get the hang of. Our first game lasted 3-4 hours for instance (which someone won real sneakily!, with an out of the blue secret objective), but our second, once we'd become familiar with the rules, lasted about 1.5 hours. We also tried a harder/longer objective, which was awesome. I got exiled, which added a whole new angle to the gameplay.

Anyway, buy it. Definitely the best board game I've played so far. More than your money's worth, imo.

Soldato
Played it twice now and it hasn't gone down too well with the group I normally play with. I think because we had played who hadn't played before in both games it took much longer than everyone wanted.

Will try again with 3 (or 4 at most) people, with everyone knowing how to play and see if it goes down any better.

Back
Top Bottom