Dead pixels in vr headsets

Underboss
I see a couple if people have had these issues
So how do you spot them ?

Do you download a test program for you to go through ?

Although I don't think I have any in my current one and I didn't even give it a thought when I bought it 2nd hand

So now I know about it I'd like to make sure I don't have it in my next headset

Soldato

Although I don't think I have any in my current one and I didn't even give it a thought when I bought it 2nd hand

Dead pixels are like your grandparents shagging. Once you see it, you won't be able to unsee it.
51979818333_e16cf95ae0_o_d.gif

Best not going looking for them.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
Normally Reddit would be a good indication of issues beyond the acceptable threshold. Oddly not something you see reported a lot, only the oracle (i presume) has reported it in the Pico sub.

5 headsets in myself, only the old Vive had a couple of dead ones. They're not something you can really miss, even on the screen door heavy Vive you could see them plain as day.

Soldato
When the headsets first booting up, just scan across the image with your eyes to pick out any brightly coloured ones.

Then once at the home screen, do the same again to see any dead black ones. Don't move your head though, just your eyes.

They really are a pain!

Associate

This website is good for spotting them (browse to it in your headset, then click the icon in the bottom right):

Normally Reddit would be a good indication of issues beyond the acceptable threshold. Oddly not something you see reported a lot, only the oracle (i presume) has reported it in the Pico sub.

5 headsets in myself, only the old Vive had a couple of dead ones. They're not something you can really miss, even on the screen door heavy Vive you could see them plain as day.
These last few months i've had 3 consecutive dead pixel headsets, 2 varjo aero's and a quest 2. the 4th headset, a quest 2, was ok.

Back
Top Bottom