dead SB Audigy?

Soldato
this morning, i started up my fave game, Aces High 2, and started a flight.

a few sounds was working, but my engine sound wasnt working, as well as airflow noises etc. Gun noise, bombs, and a few other things worked.

i straight away went about at reinstalling the game thinking something had gone wrong, however this didnt work.

after more playing around i found that windows sounds (mouse clicks, error noises) wasnt working, however MSN noises was (midi vs wav?). On using Dxdiag i found that the music test works, but the first soundtab test doesnt, or rather i can JUST about hear it if i turn it to max volume. (windows shut down noise hurts my ears if i use max)

error code if i click didnt hear sound:
Code:
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

on playing around with creative software i find that my headphones play left and right sounds in both ear peices unlike before too, which is strange (mono and not stereo?).

So, i rebooted my pc back to my 2nd (older) WinXP install which i know was working last week, and it too suffers from no wave sounds, very loud and distorted midi sounds, and no stereo sound, its all mono.

Ive reinstalled drivers on my 1st (new) WinXP install and its still the same.

dead card? or a bug somewhere? :o

Soldato
OP
ok if i move control panel speaker controls full left or full right, the sound is 100% fine, crisp and clear however coming from both speakers (mono). If its centerd, its very quiet and bad quality.

strange? dead card?

Back
Top Bottom