Dealing with abusive youth

Associate
So I've been living where I am coming up to a year now, moved from a quiet place where I lived my entire life (I'm 21) where I had no issues.

There's one kid (15) that always starts the confrontations, which are semi regular, mainly him being a cheeky bugger in front of his mates, but I never let him get the best of me.

But tonight was different, I left the house and he started being verbally abusive again in front of some people that seemed really embarrassed by the boy. To which I responded "You've had a can have you" drove off with him in the way on his razor scooter, yes, you did read that correctly.

Later that night he gathered some of his friends and knocked on my front door, to which my mother answered... Asking why am I being cheeky to him and messing with him. I quickly get dressed and run outside, to which his friends are already halfway up the street verbally abusing us.

I know he wants a physical reaction from me, do you think he will stop or do I have to confront him? I don't need this sort of rubbish after I come home from a stressful day at work, I'm most worried that he's going to start abusing my mother directly then I really will have to take matters into my own hands. Police?

Soldato
You'll probably get a fair amount of suggestions of going to the police, but ultimately I doubt they are going to do anything. This seems a case of it's best to ignore it, and he'll quickly get bored once he stops getting a reaction. You making comments after he abuses you and running out to confront them is what he wants. Just ignore him, his friends already have. He'll quickly get bored. No point getting worked up about it.

Soldato
You'll probably get a fair amount of suggestions of going to the police, but ultimately I doubt they are going to do anything. This seems a case of it's best to ignore it, and he'll quickly get bored once he stops getting a reaction. You making comments after he abuses you and running out to confront them is what he wants. Just ignore him, his friends already have. He'll quickly get bored. No point getting worked up about it.

This.

Associate
OP
I've always noticed that he only does it when he's with a big group of other people... He doesn't say a word to me when he's alone. This is why I'm not giving him a reaction, cause I know he's a cretin.

He's knocked on the door a few times and ran away, I don't care about this, because I used to do it. I only went down because my mother answered, and I feared for her safety.

Associate
101 it to the police every time, id also ask for the name of you local community safety worker. Chances are he is known to them. I have to deal with this kind of ******** a fair amount at work.

Saying all that i'd personally try ignoring it for a bit and see if he gets bored. failing all that, a bat to the knee is always a winner.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry to hear that you're going through this unfortunate episode. I can't say that I'm quite as confident as some people seem to be in thinking he'll stop doing it, though of course I hope I'm wrong / could well be wrong. The problem is, if you take matters into your own hands, then I think you are quite likely to be the one that loses out - especially with the way matters are handled these days. It may be worth having a chat with your local constabulary. It won't hurt to get advice, be it from the police or not. Don't bottle it up and end up doing nothing about it. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom