Death Stranding

Caporegime
I'm not really sure if i'll get this as I doubt it will appeal to me. Horizon: Zero Dawn on the same decima engine is more up my alley.

But Rock Paper Shotgun have a few articles talking about performance that are interesting.

I know the above is a marketing shot, so you might expect it to be on the highest possible detail, but that might not actually be the case:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ng-runs-beautifully-on-pc-even-on-a-gtx-1060/
Alas, I’m not allowed to show you what the game looks like on all its various graphics settings just yet, but you’ll have four presets to choose from come July 14th: Low, Medium, Default and Very High. Each one tells you how much VRAM or graphics memory it requires, too, giving you a good indication of whether your graphics card will be up to the task of running them or not.

Also:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ll-turn-any-rtx-card-into-a-4k-60fps-machine/

Soldato
Anyone running 3440x1440 able to actually select that res? It's giving me some weird alternative but not a true native resolution.

I game at this resolution, granted I only fired it up for a few minutes but it seemed fine.

Default the game launched at 1920 1080, but once I changed the aspect ratio to 21:9 and selected 3440 1440 it worked fine.

I will take another look today when I get a chance to play it.

Soldato
The game does not support 3440x1440 ? i thought it had ultra wide 21.9 support :confused:

I game at this resolution, granted I only fired it up for a few minutes but it seemed fine.

Default the game launched at 1920 1080, but once I changed the aspect ratio to 21:9 and selected 3440 1440 it worked fine.

I will take another look today when I get a chance to play it.

It's actually 3360x1440, there is a hex fix here: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Death_Stranding#Ultra-widescreen

I've had a CTD once and multiple artifacts. Updated drivers, seems the artifacts are gone, going to try re launch again now without any GPU OC, I think the engine just doesn't enjoy the GPU OC.

Soldato
So funny they pushed hard on promoting the ultra wide screen support for the PC version and they didn’t think to support 3440x1440 :p

Really badly want to get this, but can’t really afford to splash £55 right now

Soldato
Little disappointed that his is ultrawide supported but doesn't support 3440x1440? odd....

none the less, i'm enjoying it.

So funny they pushed hard on promoting the ultra wide screen support for the PC version and they didn’t think to support 3440x1440 :p

Really badly want to get this, but can’t really afford to splash £55 right now

I wouldn't worry, use the hex edit 'trick' I linked earlier, super easy and works a treat. What the devs have done is a stupid mistake, they have only put in cinematic resolutions, PC gamers are the only ones who use 3440x1440 and label it as ultra wide. TV's are actually 3360x1440 from the scaled up aspect ratio. No doubt it'll get patched.

What I'm more annoyed about though, my GPU has ran fine on my overclock for months now, no other game has an issue, I've stress tested through OCCT for hours on end and not a problem. Hell, I even drop it 10mhz from the max I could get just to be safe. But nope, this game engine does NOT like an overclocked GPU, the moment I removed my OC, it ran like a treat with no weird graphical glitches. Something to keep in mind.

Associate
With the lack of anything interesting new to play this year as well as the never ending wait for Cyberpunk, I keep pondering whether to buy this

Life has been very stressful recently what with Covid etc so am looking for something reasonably relaxing and that creates a little escapism

I've watched many reviews of the PC port which appear mostly positive but still have concerns about the 'Walking Simulator' thing. I acknowledge that's kinda what it is, which I don't mind providing there's enough to keep it engaging

Can anyone recommend me picking this up (I wouldn't hold anyone to it should I hate it of course!)

Thanks

Soldato
With the lack of anything interesting new to play this year as well as the never ending wait for Cyberpunk, I keep pondering whether to buy this

Life has been very stressful recently what with Covid etc so am looking for something reasonably relaxing and that creates a little escapism

I've watched many reviews of the PC port which appear mostly positive but still have concerns about the 'Walking Simulator' thing. I acknowledge that's kinda what it is, which I don't mind providing there's enough to keep it engaging

Can anyone recommend me picking this up (I wouldn't hold anyone to it should I hate it of course!)

Thanks

Don't forget the game's highlights, you get to fling poop and urine grenades at things!

Why anybody would buy this (literal) **** is beyond me.

Soldato
Suggest looking at videos and stuff before buying it. Am 12 hours in and love it but my friends is 4 hours in and hates it. So it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. I enjoy the vast wasteland while I walk for miles to deliver someone’s pizza

Associate
I'm really on the fence about this too, I think I'll like it & CDKeys has it for £38 instead of £55. Hmmm

Yeah noticed that. It would certainly soften the blow should I not like it. Appreciate buying through steam has the option to refund but I think it would take me more than 2 hours to decide on liking a game or not

Soldato
Can be had for about £33 using dlcompare for the non dlc edition.

Suggest looking at videos and stuff before buying it. Am 12 hours in and love it but my friends is 4 hours in and hates it. So it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. I enjoy the vast wasteland while I walk for miles to deliver someone’s pizza

@Silent_Scone not sure who he's on about :D

Back
Top Bottom