Deathadder Sometimes Double Clicks when I Single Click

Associate
I had a Razer Deathadder for something like 6 years, tried a bunch of others and it remains my favourite mouse. Around a year ago it developed a fault where it would frequently double click when I only meant to single click. Unfortunately, this new one has started to do the same occasionally, I think it's when I release the mouse button.

I notice it especially on Reddit using RES. When I drag an image to enlarge it and release the mouse, it opens up around 2-3 new windows of the original link, where it shouldn't open any.

Seeing as this seems to basically be a button bounce issue, I was wondering if there's a software fix, or will I need to go through the warranty process?

Soldato
I had the same issue with my Naga which I've had since they where released back in 2009. All I did was take the feet of the bottom, unscrew, the top lifts straight off put some WD40 into the clicking mechanism (spray a tiny bit into a small bowl so you can pick up a droplet with a screwdriver or something) put the droplet onto the switch, click it a few times to let the oil go into the switch (little white switches). Sorted my problem.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom