Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Man of Honour
OP
Great. I'm replaying Prey now to go through completing all the side missions. The attention to detail, and depth of the stories within stories that they've put into the game are very impressive.

Yuppers, I'm looking forward to this, I loved Dishonored 1 and Dishonored 2 and loved Prey too, so thats 3 good titles from them in a row , hoping that its 4 in a row :D

Man of Honour
OP
I'm still confused on what happens in this game. Can someone give it me in Layman's terms?

There's 8 guys you need to learn to kill, let's say I kill them. What happens after?

As I understand it, you have to kill them all within the same timeloop, so its not like you start the game up, run and kill 8 people and thats it.

Man of Honour
OP
So its essentially Hitman except perhaps a challenge that's been extended into a full game?

Not really no. Its more puzzle oriented than Hitman and has more of a Dishonored vibe crossed with the DLC mode of Prey than Hitman. The only similarity it has with Hitman really is that you kill people.

Man of Honour
OP
IGN, consistently providing the best reviews money can buy.

Yeah its IGN I know but there are enough other stellar reviews for it and the 2 hours I watched of it being streamed yesterday are enough to make me think its a very good game. Not a 10/10 because no game in the history of gaming is a 10/10 but an 8 or 9

Man of Honour
OP
Well just did the first hour, performance is fine for me. Never dropped below 60fps and averaged around 80 on 1440. Didnt notice any stuttering or performance problems. Game looks great in places too btw, wouldnt be surprised to see people putting screenshots of some places in the screenshot thread

Man of Honour
OP
About 80 to 100 fps here at 1440p with a 3060ti fe

Seems a very very good game, albeit frustrating when you die three times and then have to restart from the very beginning of the level.
Reminds me of valorant

Is it possible to get to the objectives without shooting at all ? As soon as I get near an enemy they alert the others and I get owned. I know you can use ctrl to move slowly but what if they're facing you ?

Try throwing a bottle to distract them so that they turn their backs to you

Man of Honour
OP
Tossing up whether to get this or Encased when I get paid at the end of the week
Or maybe both

If no game is flawless and a 10 requires a flawless game, then the 10 point scale is where the issue lies and you have to either use a different scale or shift the meaning of a 10

Yes its this, I've never been a fan of the 10 point scale as I dont think it really allows enough nuance between the digits, I've always preferred a 100 point scale because there can be quite a difference between an 83 and an 88. Of course even on a 100 point scale I could never give a 100/100 score as there will never be a perfect game but at least I could then give something a 98 or a 99 to indicate that something is near perfect yet also indicate that its better than just a 90.

Back
Top Bottom