Debranding K800i

Soldato
Depends how badly branded the operator firmware is.

I never bothered get my T-Mobile Vario II debranded and the default firmware installed. A lot of the stuff that T-Mobile installed (Theme, Wallpaper, shortcut bar on Today screen) can easily be disabled.

You will lose the SMS/MMS/GPRS settings (can be obtained easily from the network operator) and also the answer phone speed dial won't be automatically present. For some phones it actually breaks the answer phone notification.

Also, buttons on the phone assigned to launch services like Orange World for example would have to be mapped manually.

Last edited:
Caporegime
eidolon said:
Apart from getting rid of the Orange logo and stuff, what benefits are there? Will I lose/gain any features?

Hard to say unless you know what features have been disabled ie my Tmobile branded W810i had flash themes disabled but after i de-branded it via da vinci the phone became more faster and responsive.

Soldato
Are you able to asign your own shortcuts to the joystick on your K800? I can't with mine but a friend has one on Voda and he can. I think Orange (as usual) disabled quite a few features of the K800 (such as update OTA).

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

I did the de-branding of my phone last night using the wotan server. Seemed to me theres a bug in something as my phone was broke after the first flash. It takes people 2 flashes to get the phone upgraded to the latest firmware and to de-brand it. It all works good know though and it's as fast as ever.

Back
Top Bottom