decent flight stick to replace X55

Associate
well im gonna have to send my x52 pro back as it totally ****** my pc. When i install the *latest* saitek software my pc freeze and is unable to startup again ....lol so had to do system restore wtf..

I had similar issues when I dug out my X52 Pro, and tried to use it on my current rig.
From what I have read up, it seems to be problem if you try to connect through a USB 3.0 enabled socket. It seems to be working OK through a USB 2 only socket.

However, to safeguard for the future, I have invested in a .....

Startech 7-Port PCI USB Card (PCIUSB7)

Will let you know here how it works out. :)

Soldato
Hi, i tried both usb3.0 and 2.0 ports. Unfortunately still the same crashes. I didnt like the throttle on the X52 tbh. In future i'll probably end up getting CH products. The thrustmaster hotas will do for me the now. You dont realize how good or used to it you are is until you try flying with something else lol.

Soldato
It is superior to the X52 as the X55 is more modern
That doesn't mean jack, really...
More modern often means made cheaper so you have to keep replacing it.
That's why I'm happy with my old car and old bike, while my friends pay a fortune to keep fixing/replacing theirs.

If it were superior to the old version, why is is so cheap to buy?

There are no CH sticks with twist rudder, does this still hold true?
It's true.
In fact, that's one of the major selling points, same as with the Warthog!!
Most people assign Yaw to a hat/ministick or use the rudder pedals if they're so inclined. Twist-yaw is often a weak point on sticks, with the X55 suffering in particular.

Associate
Downside of the X55 is the joystick handrest is fixed position and for smaller hands may not be that comfortable. On my X55 the throttle seems very stiff, despite adjustment.

Yeah Ive read other peoples reviews stating the same thing. Someone described it like pushing the throttle through thick grease. Have you had your X55 long? Did this improve better with time? Still no X55's in stock so Ive got time to cancel if needed

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Had my x55 for around 7 months now, used with Elite Dangerous, its an excellent bit of kit.

I have had no issues with it at all.

In response to UKMach, the throttle is stiff each gaming session, so before I start playing I move it to full throttle and back to zero around five or six times and that loosens it up nicley.

I also have to have the throttle tension wound right back, so as you dial in an tension its difficult to move the leavers witout it moving across the desk, however with no tension there is just the right amount of resistance when moving them to feel good and have no slipage :)

For those that maybe inclined, both stick and throttle have four holes, one in each corner so you could bolt both units down if wanting to. However no mounting kit is supplied with them.

Hope that helps some of you.

DM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom