Decent Jacket

Soldato
Hello,

Anyone here into hiking etc. can recommend a good light breathable jacket? trying to find one where you dont finish the walk and the inside of it is soaked in sweat.

Thanks

Soldato
I have ME Goretex pro jacket - it’s the bees knees for me. I didn’t pay anywhere near that for it, think it was around £350 but that’s at least 8 years ago.

trekkit usually have them on sale as well so worth keeping an eye out for them.

If you don’t require the pro verison they do other version with not as main features - like this one

The main difference is - Gore-Tex uses Polyurethane as the inner lining, but Gore-Tex Pro uses a Micro-Grid backer. This snags less than Polyurethane, is lighter, and allows water vapour to escape more easily. In addition, Gore-Tex Pro only uses the hardest materials for its outer 'face' layer.

The other features that may be key are fully waterproof zips at the breast pocket and side pockets.

I always have my pit zips slightly open and I never sweat in it or feel super warm. I tend to wear a 100 fleece it and it’s fine for me.

Soldato
Hello,

Anyone here into hiking etc. can recommend a good light breathable jacket? trying to find one where you dont finish the walk and the inside of it is soaked in sweat.

Thanks
You didn't specify waterproof. Is that a requirement?

These days generally you'd go with a soft shell jacket which will keep you dry in light showers, then have a goretex pro shell for really crap weather. I only wear Mountain Equipment technical gear, it's all excellently designed and manufactured, and decently priced.

Kinesis is a great soft shell :

Then a Lhotse or Tupilak hardshell.

Associate
You should give some info on the type of body exertion, your current layering system, wet/storm and wind protection, etc.
Everything will result in you being a sweaty mess regardless of price if you plan for X but do X instead with no alteration of layering.
One with the most airflow zips is my go to, and a hood with stiff peak, but a cap underneath helps instead also.

Back
Top Bottom