Decent USB-C dock wanted

Man of Honour
I have a little Dell puck and also a Minix one, but I'm after something a little more substantial, something like this:

https://hengedocks.com/products/stone-pro

But I don't want to pay $200! Any recommendations?

Is it for Mac (I should have looked it in apple section lol)? Does it have to be USB-C? How many monitors do you want it to run and what res?

I ask as I have a couple including one for sale in MM, both of mine are startech and work brilliantly :) They also support the Mac.

Product codes for the ones I have used extensively and rate:

USB3SDOCKHDV
USB3DOCKHDPC

The second one does all the 4k etc :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Is it for MAC (I should have looked it in apple section lol)? Does it have to be USB-C? How many monitors do you want it to run and what res?

I ask as I have a couple including one for sale in MM, both of mine are startech and work brilliantly :)
Yeah it's for my MacBook Pro. I only use USB-C monitors at home but it'd be nice to have HDMI and/or DP as an option, along with a few USB ports.

Man of Honour
Yeah it's for my MacBook Pro. I only use USB-C monitors at home but it'd be nice to have HDMI and/or DP as an option, along with a few USB ports.

Its that USB-C that jacks the price. £300 for one that will run a couple of USB-C monitors at 4k... At that point the one you linked is probably better :(

Man of Honour
Yeah I know, they're stupid amounts of money.

Just browsing the startech range and it gets worse, most of the USB-C will only run a single USB-C monitor alongside a dp or something. The one that seems to do dual USB-C video outputs is either approaching £300 or £500 if you want an integrated m.2. Utter mandness. Sorry dude im clearly not all that much help but at least we got to bitch and moan together :)

Back
Top Bottom